Starting and stopping a data logging on a data logger from the DASH3
When suitably connected and configured, the DASH3 can be used to start and stop data recording on an attached logger. To enable one of the buttons on your DASH3 display act as a start/stop logging switch follow the procedure described below.
1. Set up one of the buttons on your DASH3 to the Start/stop logging function as described in the Editing button functions section.
2. Enter the DL1/DL2 configuration tool, and make sure that the "Decode serial data" option is ticked. The data logger must be configured with this option is ticked. Without enabling the Decode Serial data option on the data logger the commands from the DASH3 will be ignored.
Note: from version 7 of the configuration tool, the Decode serial data option is ticked as a default. In earlier versions of the software, the option will be labelled "Enable GSM modem mode", and you will need to tick it yourself.
3. Insert a correctly formatted compact flash card (in FAT16 format) into the data logger.
4. Press the Start/stop logging button on the DASH3.
Whenever it is pressed, a command will be sent to the data logger to start or stop logging. If logging starts, the logging status pop-up window will appear and display the “Logging Started” message on screen. If the “Show Logging” function is enabled (on), the left most LED will be lit up.
5. If logging has started, you can stop data logging by pressing the start/stop logging button on the DASH3.
When logging stops the logging status pop-up window will appear and display the “Logging Stopped” message on screen. If the “Show Logging” function is enabled (on), the left most LED will be turned off.
To learn how to enable the show logging function read the Displaying Logging status section.