Introduction to the display configuration tool
The display configuration tool can be used to control the behaviour and operation of DASH2 - LCD dashboard with shift lights.
This section of the help document is split into the following detailed topics:
- Variable scaling - this section describes how to set up the conversion of a voltage or frequency to a "real" physical quantity, for example air temperature, fuel level, oil pressure. You can also use the variable scaling option to change units, for example speed in mph or kph.
- Variable filtering - this section describes how to set up the unit to reject noise and spikes that would otherwise cause erratic display values or incorrect alarm conditions to be triggered.
- Alarms - this section describes how to set up the alarm levels for each of the input channels.
- RPM setup - there are several options available for configuring the RPM processing and display, these are explained in more detail in this section.
- Gear indicator setup - options for configuring the gear indicator settings
- Variable naming and formatting - options for setting up the name, abbreviation, displayed units etc of the variable
- Setting up the data screens - this section shows you how to layout the information displayed on the screen.
- Other general options - this covers any other configuration options not already described in the sections above.
- Configuring the hardware - once you have entered all the configuration information into the software, this section explains how to transfer the configuration information to the display unit itself.