- What type of LCD display does the DASH3 use?
- Can I use the DASH3 at night?
- Can the DASH3 be used as a standalone display?
- How do I connect the DASH3 to a PC?
- Can I use the DASH3 with my optical beacon?
- Is the DASH3 waterproof?
- What are predictive lap times?
- Can the DASH3 display predictive lap times?
- How do I tell if it is a DASH3 or DASH3 lite?
1. What type of LCD display does the DASH3 use?
The DASH3 uses a “transflective” monochrome graphics LCD. “Transflective” means that any light that hits the display is reflected from its’ back. This means it can be read it bright sunshine. We use a graphics type, so that we can display a range of font sizes, as well as graphs, barcharts and bitmaps.
2. Can I use the DASH3 at night?
Yes. The DASH3 is backlit and the LEDs are dimmable so they are not too bright for night time use.
3. Can the DASH3 be used as a standalone display?
The DASH3 accepts data either from one of our data loggers, or from an ECU interface. It cannot be used as an entirely standalone display in the way that the DASH2 can.
4. How do I connect the DASH3 to a PC?
For direct connection to a PC you need to be able to give it a separate power supply by making up an adapter as shown here:
Then you can connect the female d-type connector directly to a PC serial port. Note that if required this cable can be purchased from Race Technology as a special order item.
5. Can I use the DASH3 with my optical beacon?
No. The DASH3 is designed for use with the GPS system that is built into our data logging products.
6. Is the DASH3 waterproof?
Yes. The DASH3 is a fully sealed unit.
7. What are predictive lap times?
Predictive lap times are estimates of your lap time that are calculated before you finish the lap…. i.e. they will give an estimate of what your lap time will be if you complete the lap that you are currently driving?
8. Can the DASH3 display predictive lap times?
Yes. The DASH3 can calculate and display lap and sector times in a number of common formats.
9. How do I tell if it is a DASH3 or DASH3 lite?
To find out whether you have a DASH3lite or DASH3 Standard version follow the steps below.
- Enter menu display mode by pressing the MENU button.
- Use the UP/DOWN buttons and navigate to menu item 5 Firmware Control in the main menu. Press SELECT button to enter into Firmware Control sub-menu.
- Then use the UP/DOWN buttons to navigate to menu item 5.4 Upgrade DASH3lite. If the menu item exists then you have a DASH3lite. If the menu item is not in the sub-menu then you have a Standard DASH3.