ECU interface - CAN Configurable (Not Pre-programmed)
What is the CAN interface?
The Race Technology CAN interface is a small in-line module for use with any combination of our data loggers and display, to allow data from any device transmitting standard CAN bus data to be displayed and recorded.
Who is the CAN interface designed for?
The CAN interface is designed for anyone wishing to read vehicle or drive train sensor data directly from their ECU or other CAN device, without the need for additional sensors. Common parameters such as engine speed, coolant temperature, throttle position, etc, are normally available from the ECU, so no additional sensors would be required if using the CAN interface. This leaves the analogue input channels on your data logger free for connection to more specialised sensors, not normally monitored by your ECU (eg: suspension travel).
NOTE: The CAN interface is only compatible with CAN BUS vehicles / ECUs. If in doubt please consult your vehicle agent or ECU manufacturer.
- CAN interface fully user configurable with software supplied. Programmable for virtually any CAN device or ECU using standard CAN protocols. Select which channels to receive and decode
- Compatible with Race Technology displays and data loggers as stand alone units, or as part or a data logger and display system
- Receive data from existing vehicle sensors - no need to add additional sensors for data logging
- All channels are in addition to the channels already provided with the Race Technology data logger/display
- Upgradeable firmware
- Secure configurations. CAN bus protocol are in some cases secret information. The existing configuration cannot be read out of the interface
- Inline electronics encased in a tough injection moulded case
- Supplied with cables, instruction manual and comprehensive software CD
- The interface is supplied with no configuration and the user will need the CAN protocol information of the device it is connecting to in order to configure the interface
For further information on the CAN ECU Interface please visit our Knowledge Base here
* - Main product required.
Note: all orders from Virginia will have sales tax at 5.3% added after the order is processed