DASH4PROInformation at a glance with the compact and configurable data display, for live feedback on the race track.
The DASH4PRO extends the functionality of our data loggers by allowing useful information to be displayed live in the vehicle; Information including lap/sector times (using GPS), speed, RPM, and other engine parameters. The DASH4PRO has been updated for 2015, with more options to tailor the display to your application and a wealth of improved usability improvements like improved fonts, longer text strings, more screen items, performance meter, programmable reference sector times and more...
New features for 2015:
- New case. The 2015 model has an improved aluminium die-cast case, with optional additional windscreen mount
- Performance meter mode for simple testing e.g. 0-60mph and quarter mile.
- Optional direct CAN input. This allows you to connect directly to a CAN bus or ECU (with CAN output) to decode and display data without any external adapter. Includes CAN tools for viewing raw CAN data to assist troubleshooting and reverse engineering data.
- New fonts. The 2015 model offers improved fonts in more sizes
- Tighter integration with our data loggers, the DASH4PRO now displays messages such as memory space remaining, GPS status, system warnings etc.
- Improved lap timing, with new mode to allow reference times to be programmed for sectors
- New cable options. Simplified cable for "standard" static mounting or dynamic steering wheel mounting kit with bracket, inline connector and wound cable.
- Updated configuration software that has more features and is simpler to use.
The DASH4PRO is a feature packed data and lap timing display, with a choice of screen technologies to suit the environment it will be used in, and a cable choice to suit the intended installation.
- OLED - Ultra high contrast, wide viewing angle, with wide operating temperature range, but not suitable for use in the direct, bright sunlight. We recommend this display for use in closed top vehicles.
- LCD - Backlit display for visibility in low light, transflective technology ensures it remains visible in bright sunlight. We recommend this display for use in open top vehicles.
- Standard - simple straight cable for static mounting.
- Optional steering wheel mounting kit - (complete with curly cable, quick release connector and steering wheel mounting bracket).
The DASH4PRO steering wheel mounting kit is designed to fit within most popular sizes of wheel, to check the fit of the unit a scale drawing is available here.
DASH4PRO displays have multiple screens of data which can be scrolled through using the up/down buttons. Each screen is fully configurable using the supplied software; with text, numbers, bar graphs and line graphs positionable on the screens.
The dual row shiftlights can be independently configured (left and right scales can be different) to display any variable, from RPM, to live time slip (see example below), to any variable e.g. g-force.
Live time slip example:
Using the LEDs as a "time slip" performance indicator gives easy to interpret feedback. The comparison is done against the best lap that session, and is updated as this improves. The comparison is done continuously not just at lap and sector points, giving constant feedback to the driver, LIVE in the vehicle. The advantage of using a time slip variable over for instance lap or sector delta or predictive lap time is that it is updated continuously, not just at lap/sector markers, giving the information sooner and allowing more time to improve on any losses. Detailed technical information on how to setup and use live time slip is available on our knowledgebase here.
The new case design features a small lip around the front edge, allowing the unit to be fitted neatly into a flat panel for permanent installation. The M4 mounting holes on the rear allow mounting to any custom brackets or the steering wheel mount if specified (steering wheel mounting kit is an optional extra).
A new accessory for 2015 is the: Mounting boss - ¼" UNC threaded boss designed to fit suction mounts and other popular mounting systems e.g. RAM mounts.
Quick and easy to use performance meter for use with GPS enabled DL1 data loggers. Use the DASH4PRO to give instant feedback and results of performance tests: time between speeds (e.g. 0-60) and time over distance (e.g. ¼ mile times). The tests are easily setup using the menus on the display. The automotive optimised GPS from the DL1 data logger gives highly accurate results.
For racing applications the additional CAN receive option would be desirable if you want to view ECU variables directly from the CAN bus/CAN ECU, or are using a data logger with the Raw CAN licence and wish to decode and display the raw CAN variables.
With full DBC file support in the configuration software setup of the desired variables is quick and easy. The option comes with built in CAN tools which help in selecting the correct baud rate and allow the scroll through and display of all received CAN variables in their raw state.
5 font sizes allow for more freedom when designing and editing screen layouts. The all new fonts are redesigned to be smoother at larger sizes. More size options, better looking fonts, and longer text strings (up to 17 characters).
Display system warnings and messages from our data loggers e.g. memory space remaining and GPS status, all from the DASH4PRO display.
New for 2015 is the ability to program in "Reference" sector times, giving a target or comparison to aim for in each sector. The reference sectors will then be used by the variables "Predictive lap time reference", "Reference sector delta" and "Reference lap delta" to give comparisons to the target times throughout the lap. This feature can be used to achieve improved and consistent lap times or for more accurate guidance in achieving a desired average speed throughout the lap. This can be advantageous in certain race series under certain flags where a penalty may be received if a certain average speed is exceeded.
New and updated configuration software, simpler to use and with more features. Variable search function for fast finding of variables. Ensure compatibility with the latest features with automatic firmware check and update during configuration. Read back configurations from the unit into the software, make changes and send back to reconfigure the unit (PC programming lead required). With new fonts, new font sizes, longer text strings and up to 40 objects per screen the DASH4PRO configuration software offers a wealth of new features.
- Mounting boss - Mounting boss with ¼"-20 UNC standard tripod mounting thread for use with suction mounts and other popular mounting systems
- PC Programming lead - Power supply and serial data cable for PC connection and programming
- USB serial adaptor - PC not got a serial port? Convert serial D-type connection to USB connection.
- USB Programming Lead - The USB Programming lead connects to the PC’s USB port and supplies power and a data connection suitable for configuration and reflashing of the DASH4PRO display.
For a full specification on the DASH4PRO, and technical information, please visit our Knowledgebase here.
Main product is DASH4PRO OLED with standard straight cable - suitable for static installations.
* - Main product required.
Note: all prices are exclusive of VAT at 20.0%.