Software Related Download Area
Welcome to the software download page. Within this page you will find all the software related downloads available. Our full software package is available free to download along with some further information and sample data.
On this page you will find: -
The software download contains all of the latest versions of the analysis, monitor and flash tools etc. as well as the help files for all of our current products in one single installation package.
For an overview of the Version 8.5 Analysis software's new features, please watch the video below: -
New Version 8.5 Analysis Software
Major new features
- Supports sample rates of up to 1kHz, with the appropriate hardware, ideal for high speed signals including shock rate analysis.
- Full HD video support - load in video from your GoPro and use it directly for data/video analysis and add overlays for video export. The interface has been optimised for speed and simplicity - just a few clicks and you're done.
- Comprehensive CAN support. Allows 100's of CAN variables to be loaded directly from a DBC file.
Faster to operate
- Time to load a typical 30 minute race data file reduced from 13 seconds in v8 to 4 seconds in v8.5.
- Time to change filtering or scaling on a channel reduced from 12 seconds in v8 to 0.2 seconds in v8.5.
- Faster to refresh track maps and graphs, v8.5 is typically twice the speed of v8.
User interface improvements
- Hot keys. We've added keys for quick selection of data as well as common operations like adding track markers etc.
- Drag and drop of variables. With the large number of variables that the software can handle, it can be difficult to find the one you want from a single list. Now you can drag them from the variable manager and drop them onto graphs etc.
- Shortcuts on lap and sector grid. It's now possible to right click runs on the lap and sectors window and select from a range of common operations, like removing and changing names.
Data handling improvements
- More data can be loaded. With the amount of data now only limited by the size of the hard drive, you can load far more data than ever before.
- More variables available. The maximum number of variables at any time is now 1000, enough for even extreme applications.
- Automatic selection of variables. With the large number of variables now available, we've introduced automatic variable selection. Simply load the data in and any channels or variables with data will be displayed.
As well as improvements to many other features that have made Race Technology's analysis program a favourite amongst our race and industrial customers all over the world.
Minimum requirements: -
Operating System: A computer running anything from XP - Windows 10, 32 bit or 64 bit versions. We prefer Windows 7 32 bit. XP is still supported, but it's looking pretty old now. Vista and Windows 8 are supported, but a crime to PCs in our opinion! Windows 10 seems to be fine and lightly to become the preferred OS in due course. We've got no known issues running under 64 bit versions of Windows, but there is no performance advantage either - so generally best to stay with 32 bit.
Memory: At least 4GB is strongly recommended, although more will improve processing speed.
Hard drive: From v8.5 the analysis software uses a large swap file on the hard disk for temporary storage. This means that disk performance is important and as such a SSD drive is beneficial, although not essential.
Screen Resolution: At least 1024x768 is strongly recommended so you can fit a few graphs on the screen at the same time, more is much better. Twin monitors are also supported by the software. High performance graphics card makes relatively little difference, although dedicated memory for the graphics adapter does help (compared with sharing memory between the main CPU and graphics)
Processor Speed: i3s work well, i5s processors are great, i7s are even quicker.
Macs: We don't test on Macs, but we've got many users running under Parallels without any issues. Note that we do not officially support Macs and we don't have any Macs in the office to test with. However, if you do find an issue when running on Mac then let us know and we will see if there is anything we can do.
Security Software: This is causing more and more problems, please be aware that our software is compiled on a secure machine, all the files are checked for viruses, all files are digitally signed and then built into an installable package that itself is digitally signed. Our software absolutely does not contain any viruses, trojans, malware, advertising or anything similarly unpleasant. If your virus checker says something else then it's just wrong! We get reports from users every week on this, and it's just the antivirus software trying to justify its existence in our opinion. Another potential problem with security software is the performance penalty you can get, if you are running with "corporate level security" of encrypted disk drives, multiple antivirus programs, UAC enabled, registry locked etc, don't be surprised if you get poor performance - in some extreme cases where all disk accesses are checked, the analysis software can be pretty much unusable.
We don't expect you to have any problems using our software, however if you do, please let us know so we have the opportunity to correct it by contacting us via our support page.
Save the setup.exe file to your hard drive by clicking on the link below. If you already have a copy of our software on your machine this has to be uninstalled before proceeding.
Run setup.exe by double clicking the icon then following the on-screen instructions.
IMPORTANT: Version 8.5 does not support AP22 or DL90 hardware, see "legacy product" support below.
If you have any suggestions for modifications and improvements to the software modules then please email us and let us know about it.
Without doubt the power of our Analysis Software is one of the key reasons why Race Technology products continue to go from strength to strength.
The Race Technology Data Analysis Software is the main application that comes with nearly all Race Technology products, and as the title would suggest allows you to analyse the data you collect in a number of ways.
A very simple example of what the software can do would be to download the data after a race and calculate the lap times and the speeds around the circuit. Another simple example would be to download data after a performance test and plot the power output for the run. However, this is just scratching the surface of the Analysis Software's capabilities - the analysis software is both hugely powerful and flexible piece of software. We have tried to keep this as simple and intuitive as possible to allow new users to get up and running as quickly as possible, but at the same time incorporate a wide range of powerful features for more advanced analysis. For an overview of how to use the software watch the demonstration video.
If you have been unable to attend any of our free training courses or webinars, we have recorded one of the webinars that took place on the 26th of June 2010. The recording covers basic installation of a DL1 data logger and an introduction to race analysis using Race Technology Analysis V7 software. Please click the link below to begin downloading the video.