The software download contains all of the latest versions of the analysis, monitor and flash tools etc as well as the help files for all of our current products in one single installation package.
For an overview of the Version 8.5 Analysis software's new features, please watch the video below:
New Version 8.5 Analysis Software
Major new features
- Supports sample rates of up to 1kHz, with the appropriate hardware, ideal for high speed signals including shock rate analysis.
- Full HD video support - load in video from your GoPro and use it directly for data/Video analysis and add overlays for video export. The interface has been optimised for speed and simplicity - just a few clicks and you are done.
- Comprehensive CAN support. Allows 100's of CAN variables to be loaded directly from a DBC file.
Faster to operate
- Time to load a typical 30 minute race data file reduced from 13seconds in v8 to 4 seconds in v8.5
- Time to change filtering or scaling on a channel reduced from 12 seconds in v8 to 0.2 seconds in v8.5.
- Faster to refresh track maps and graphs, v8.5 is typically twice the speed of v8
User interface improvements
- Hot keys. We've added keys for quick selection of data as well as common operations like adding track markers etc.
- Drag and drop of variables. With the large number of variables that the software can handle, it can be difficult to find the one you want from a single list. Now you can drag them from the variable manager and drop them onto graphs, etc.
- Shortcuts on lap and sector grid. It's now possible to right click runs on the lap and sectors window and select from a range of common operations, like remove and change name.
Data handling improvements
- More data can be loaded. With the amount of data now only limited by the size of the hard drive you can load far more data than ever before.
- More variables available. The maximum number of variables at any time is now 1000, enough for even extreme applications.
- Automatic selection of variables. With the large number of variables now available, we've introduced automatic variable selection, simply load the data in and any channels or variables with data will be displayed.
As well as improvements to many other features that have made Race Technology's analysis program a favourite amongst our race and industrial customers all over the world.
Operating System: A computer running XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, all 32 bit or 64 bit versions. We still prefer Windows XP or Windows7 32 bit. Vista and Windows 8 are supported, but a crime to PCs in our opinion! Similarly we've got no known issues running under 64 bit version of Windows, but there is no absolutely no performance advantage either - so generally best to stay with 32 bit.
Memory: Depends on the run length used. At least 2GB is strongly recommended, more will improve processing speed.
Hard drive: From v8.5 the analysis software uses a large swap file on the hard disk for temporary storage. This means that disk performance is more important than before and for critical applications an SSD drive is recommended, although certainly not essential.
Screen Resolution: At least 1024x768 is strongly recommended so you can fit a few graphs on the screen at the same time, more is much better. Twin monitors are also supported by the software. High performance graphics card makes relatively little difference, although dedicated memory for the graphics adapter does help (compared with sharing memory between the main CPU and graphics)
Security Software: This is causing more and more problems, please be aware that our software is compiled on a secure machine, all the files are checked for viruses, all files are digitally signed and then built into an installable package that itself is digitally signed. Our software absolutely does not contain any viruses, trojans, malware, advertising or anything similarly unpleasant. If your virus checker says something else then it's just wrong!! We get reports from users every week on this, and it's just the antivirus software trying to justify its existence in our opinion. Another potential problem with security software is the performance penalty you can get, if you are running with "corporate level security" of encrypted disk drives, multiple antivirus programs, UAC enabled, registry locked etc etc, don't be surprised if you get poor performance - in some extreme cases where all disk accesses are checked, the analysis software can be pretty much unusable.
We don't expect you to have any problems using our software, however if you do, please let us know so we have the opportunity to correct it by contacting us via our support page.
Save the setup.exe file to your hard drive by clicking on the link below. If you already have a copy of our software on your machine this has to be uninstalled before proceeding.
Run setup.exe by double clicking the icon then following the on-screen instructions.
IMPORTANT: Version 8.5 does not support AP22 or DL90 hardware, see "legacy product" support below.
If you have any suggestions for modifications and improvements to the software modules then please email us and let us know about it.