Dash2pro CAN_RX Issue

nybimmers

Dash2pro CAN_RX Issue

Postby nybimmers » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:47 am

Hello folks,

I have an issue receiving and displaying CAN data from stock BMW(MSS54) ecu . The dash2 pro is licensed for 15 channels , BMW_mini protcol file loaded using the can config window . The dash2 pro had firmware updated and the CAN 15 receive channels is showed as marked after configuration is read .
Here are the ecus connected to the CAN . Motec PDM, DASh2pro, DME. Using a Motec CAN analyzer utility i can see the BMW DME is transmitting data and was able to input and display correct data into the PDM .
I have used 1 and 2 terminating resistors, disconnected PDM , cycled power , re-flashed the DASh and changed configurations several times and still no joy . Wires have been checked and triple checked . At one point while the Dash has displayed correct values . After another configuration which had less Can channels file was written the data was not displayed again on the DaSH.
I really do not know what else to do . Need some help .

Thank you ,
Adrian

Support

Re: Dash2pro CAN_RX Issue

Postby Support » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Hello Adrian - The most likely issue is the CAN protocol loaded on the dash not matching the ECU. I need to look at the dashes configuration, would you please: Read back the configuration from the unit, save the configuration file then email it to me for inspection? (daniel at race - technology dot com)

Thanks

nybimmers

Re: Dash2pro CAN_RX Issue

Postby nybimmers » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Hello Daniel ,

Config file sent .

Thank you

Return to “General software support”