Test GoPro

janz

Test GoPro

Postby janz » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi there,

In the past it used to work, but after some changes in the configuration and the wiring, it looks like my GoPro wont start automatically. I did select one button mode and I can start the camera by shorting the blue and green wire. What I would like to do, is test using the output driver. It would be nice if I could configure a unit control input to strt the camera, but this seems not to be possible. Is there another way I can test if the DASH2PRO will switch on the camera the next time I go to the track.

racetec
Site Admin

Re: Test GoPro

Postby racetec » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:41 pm

If you configure a unit control input to start and stop the data logging then you should be able to test this without actually going anywhere.

Martin

janz

Postby janz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:16 pm

I tried that. Maybe it would help if I remove the auto stop condition. Maybe it stops so fast that the camera doesn''t get a chance. Stop condition is RPM < 100. I'll try it (and let you know).

Jan

janz

Postby janz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Tested it and it works. I can now start and stop the camera by just starting and stopping logging.

But first it still wouldn't work. Then I noticed that the button on the camera also didn't and then that ... the battery was empty. And it was completly full yesterday. It seems that if I leave the camera connected to the DASH2PRO with the power off (all power), the battery drains. Is this to be expected, or can I do something about it (without adding another switch or disconnecting the cable everytime)? It is not a big deal, but at themoment it means I have to remove part of the fairing.

Al this obviously does explain why I haven't been very succesful with the video so far :) .

Jan

Return to “General support questions”