BMW E90 CAN messages

justpete

BMW E90 CAN messages

Postby justpete » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Has a setup file like the one for the E46 -- http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... pe/BMWMINI -- been developed yet for the E9x chassis and MSV80 DME/ECU?

justpete

Postby justpete » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:50 pm

OK, better way to phrase the question -- if the canbus port on a DL1 Mk3 is tied into the PT-CAN bus that the DME.ECU is on, etc. will the parameters given for the E46 be logged the same way? I'm assuming the address, bit, scaling, etc. is the same but no way to know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 am

justpete

Postby justpete » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:41 pm

Support wrote:Is that not this one?

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... ype/BMWPT6

Martin

Yep, that's it alright!

So I'm a bit confused about how to use the table. I have a CAN license for 30 channels and CANbus setup for some other parameters.

I've looked at the DL1 CAN input setup window and it _looks_ like each channel only needs to be enabled and mapped to a channel at which point it shows up in the Variable Mapping table. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks very much for the quick response

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:42 am

You set up each channel with the correct CAN decoding information and map the channels to one of our internal channels. The variable mapping will then show these as coming from the CAN bus. If you email me, mhill at race-technology.com I can send you over a CAN configuration file.

Martin

Return to “Pre-sales product questions”