Media Converter Error

oz996

Media Converter Error

Postby oz996 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 am

The media converter used to work fine but now I get an error message which says "Error occurred during demultiplexing" as soon as I hit the convert button. This problem has developed since the last upgrade of the RT software.

The version number of the media converter is 1.0.20 and Analysis software is 8.2.75.

The error happens even when attempting to convert clips which I have previously successfully converted. I am attempting to convert .mp4 files from a HD Hero (original or clipped .mp4 or AVI clips = same error)

I updated to the latest video drivers today, problem still exists.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks

Support

Postby Support » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi,

I'm not aware of any issues with this - can I ask:

- could you try on another PC please?
- could you let me know what OS you are running?
- it might also be worth uninstalling and then reinstalling with any virus checking software fully disabled. We've had a few cases recently where anti virus software have removed files from our installation

Thanks, Support

oz996

Postby oz996 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:09 am

I followed your advice and uninstalled the software and downloaded the latest version from the website. xxxxx8071.exe

When I start the analysis software it says it is v8075 and it is not released yet and the menu options are greyed out so I can no longer use the analysis software.

The media converter is now working again but of course without any analysis software I still cant create a video with overlay.

In answer to the earlier question I am running XP SP3.

Support

Postby Support » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 pm

The issue has been fixed. Could you please try again.

Kind regards,

RT-Support

oz996

Postby oz996 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:08 am

The same video converter error is back. This is the first time I've tried to run the media converter since 8.2.75 got activated (bearing in mind that 8.2.75 didn't run correctly for a while - greyed out menus and a popup message to contact race technology.).

[/img]

Support

Postby Support » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:10 pm

We checked the media converter with several MP4 files, it worked without any errors.
Could you please send a sample vidoe clip?

Kind regards,

RT-Support

fast_grandad

Postby fast_grandad » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I am getting the same error with .avi files. It worked after a reinstall then stopped again.
XP sp3, Media to VD4 converter 1.0.20. I can send.avi file if it would help.
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 am

Please send a short sample of a file which is giving the problems to Andrew at race-technology dot com, put a brief description of the problem in with the file.

Martin

fast_grandad

Postby fast_grandad » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:20 am

thanks, will do.
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

Rob Stevens

Postby Rob Stevens » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 pm

I have the same issue, its telling me the file has a resolution of 0x0

fast_grandad

Postby fast_grandad » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:15 pm

was this issue ever resolved? Its still not working for me on my PC but fortunately does work on my laptop but its still a bit of a pain. When selecting browse for the file to convert I can select the file name but it doesn't transfer to the file name box and the program then hangs and requires a forced close from the 'program not responding' dialogue. I can't type a file name into the box either. I did send a small video file to Andrew a while ago (June) but heard nothing since.
Edited to add that I've just tried version 1.0.19 from the old version 7 Analysis package that's still loaded and it works fine!
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi,

We checked on this and couldn't find any problems - the most likely problem is the virus checking software. Have you followed the guidance on this web page:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... onProblems

also check that you have installed the latest software version.

Kind regards,

Support

Return to “Bug reports”