Dash2 and Link G4+ interface

sparkystav

Dash2 and Link G4+ interface

Postby sparkystav » Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am

I have an older Dash2 with the Serial Ecu interface (I originally bought this for my old Link G4 storm)
I have now upgraded to the Link G4+ Fury, however I can't get any of the AN Volt signals to appear on the dash2

I've followed the guide and setup he Dash2 using the Aux14 onwards as the AN Volt channels but non of them display. What could I be doing wrong?

Alternatively can I use this older interface with CAN output from the Ecu and set it up myself?

Thanks
is200tt.co.nr

Support

Re: Dash2 and Link G4+ interface

Postby Support » Mon May 08, 2017 8:49 am

Hi There,

Is everything else other than the AN Volt channels displaying correctly? If so it may be that Link ECU have changed the serial output on their newer ECUs. Unfortunately this is something that I do not have any information on, as Link now recommend connecting our products via CAN.

I would recommend firstly speaking with Link to see if they have any information on this.

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Support (SK)

sparkystav

Postby sparkystav » Mon May 08, 2017 9:30 am

Thank you for the reply. I will get in touch with Link about the possible changed serial protocols.

Can the older dash 2 (i.e. The one I have) connect via can? Could I rewire the connection to use that instead with the Ecu interface I have?

Marc
is200tt.co.nr

Support

Postby Support » Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 am

No problem.

The DASH2 will not be able to connect to CAN directly, and will need one of our CAN interface leads.

Unfortunately the hardware for the serial and CAN interfaces are different, and so a new CAN interface would need to be purchased, if you were to go down this route.

Kind Regards,
Support (SK)

sparkystav

Postby sparkystav » Mon May 08, 2017 10:29 pm

No problem, it's still a cheaper option than buying a new Dash2 pro if I can do it with CAN on my Dash2.

Thanks
is200tt.co.nr

Return to “General software support”