how can I load a variable-file in Dash3-configuration

ml

how can I load a variable-file in Dash3-configuration

Postby ml » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 am

Dash3-configuration Version 2.1.10 (from Setup_8.5.0250)

ml

Re: how can I load a variable-file in Dash3-configuration

Postby ml » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Did you forget to add it?

In older versions it was under menu file; now nothing, only layout load/save

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:32 am

Hello there,

Unfortunately it is now not possible to load in variable files into the latest version of DASH3 configuration software.

I suggest reverting to a version where you can load in the variable file, taking notes of the variables that have been changed and copy them over to the latest software.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Support (D)

ml

Postby ml » Tue May 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Unfortunately it is now not possible to load in variable files into the latest version of DASH3 configuration software

`
Hello,
only now? Or never again? Or again in the next version?
M.

Jams

Postby Jams » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:47 am

Hi

Where can I download a earlier version of Setup_8.5.xxx ? i.e. a version with the Load Variable Information still included in the Dash3 configuration software ?

I can only see the latest version on the website, unless I am missing something.

Thanks

Jimmy

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:58 am

Hi

Please note that if you use a variable on the DASH3 screen that has an equation, then this information IS saved in the CMG file... just load that, no VAR file is needed. As such is unusual to need to load in a variable file into the software, which is why this option was removed - the only senario is that you have variable WITH an equation, but the variable was not displayed on the screen.
We only support the latest release of the software build, older releases might well cause compatibility issues with new firmware etc. If you let me know which build of the software you need I can post a link here, but without doing a significant amount of work, I'm not sure what particular build you would need.

Kind regards,

Support (A)

ml

Postby ml » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:38 pm

REALLY? One didn't need it?

It would be much easier, if you use the variables of Analysis as in Analysis. So I have in Dash3-configuration in the first step english units, but no german Units, unless I switch it for every value, for example mph in kph. And in addition I don't have the german expressions like in Analysis.

A simple solution? Use the variables of Analysis as in "Video Export Layout Designer"

By the way: There doesn't exist a cmg-file for Dash3

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Anxious to hear the answer to this issue.

Wouldn't it be simpler just to give us the option back?

What is this CMG file, and how do I create one?

I continue to use the DASH3 and expand my DL1 usage... and it's not an option to fit a larger, more expensive dash into my cockpit.

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi,

You are correct, the CMG format is not used on the DASH3, it uses the older HEX file format, however the general information is still correct in that this files does contain the equation information for any variables displayed.

Whilst I agree that in some cases it would be more convenient to have unit changes propagate from Analysis to the DASH3 config, in practice these changes are relatively simple and quick to do.

The DASH3 is no longer manufactured, and development for the DASH3 is now frozen, there are no plans for any updates except critical bugs that prevent it being used.

Kind regards,

Support (A)

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:03 pm

OK, we're not done here yet.

So now when I add new channels, sensors etc - how should I be adding those to my Dash3 display with the latest SW? This is quite unclear...

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:46 pm

You set the sensor up in the variable manager:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... riableTree

and then add a control to display that information for example a numerical
value:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... Properties

Support (A)

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Do you mean I have to manually re-add them then, when I already have them set up and configured in Analysis? Seems highly inefficient and raises the opportunities for errors/typos.

This seems quite poorly thought-out...

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:12 pm

The best thing is to have Analysis and the DASH3 config open at the same time and you can highlight and cut and paste the formulas as needed. Yes, it's manual, buts its a simple/quick job, and its only required once when setting the system up.

Can I mark this topic as closed now please?

Thanks,

Support (A)

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:23 pm

I guess so... not thrilled with the result, but as long as further steps are not taken to actively make obsolete old hardware, faster than it ages out naturally... then I'll be more likely to continue to upgrade with Race Technology products, rather than switch to a more stable manufacturer.

I like the complexity and power of the DL1 platform... but we shouldn't be forced into upgrades like this. I've been wanting a better, more visible display... but I should be made to want one through availability of better graphics, visibility, and features. So far, I've seen no indication that graphics and open-cockpit visibility are a priority from you guys... please prove me wrong?

Return to “General software support”