Two external control questions

BiKenG

Two external control questions

Postby BiKenG » Mon May 04, 2015 9:30 am

Still trying to gain a better overall understanding of what I can do with my Dash 2 Pro and so looking for advice.

I will be reading the external/ambient air temperature for display and want to trigger one of the outputs below a specified temp. I believe this is possible. But can I then easily 'adjust' that threshold temp within the menus, i.e. without having to resort to connecting to a PC? Is there a way to be able to access this value and increase or decrease it as required just with the 4 control buttons?

I also want to enable auto lighting, using a light sensor and switching on below a specified brightness level. So I'd just need to read the resistance of the light sensor and switch an output as appropriate. Can I do that? The same question would then of course apply to this - could I access and modify this value from within the menus.

Anyone see any obvious problems with doing either of these? I guess each would require 2 analog lines, an input to read the sensor and an output to switch (a relay). Would it be possible to delay the turn OFF? Apart from any desirability of this in use, it would avoid any 'chatter' at the switching point. But could I do this? Any suggestions as to HOW would be gratefully received. :D
You can't have too many bikes

BiKenG

Postby BiKenG » Mon May 04, 2015 10:40 am

Actually, a simple delay is not the best solution to prevent chatter. Suitable hysteresis could be provided if trigger ON could be set to a different value to OFF. Is this possible?
You can't have too many bikes

Return to “General software support”