Dash 4 pro MK 2 conficuration software

rogerd

Dash 4 pro MK 2 conficuration software

Postby rogerd » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:53 am

On updating my installation files to the current version I see the dash 4 configuration program has been updated.

It does not let me open old MK1 CMG files - do I have to start from scratch?

I don't see an option for importing variable definitions from a .var file so do these have to be reset manually?

Is there any added functionality or bug fixes in the new version or am I better re installing the older Mk1 version?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:55 am

Hi There,

This is unfortunately the case with the new version of software, Because of the changes which have been made old configuration files are no longer accepted by the software, users will have to create a new configuration using the new software to use the new firmware and the list of new features and improvements that this brings.

Information on the new features can be found by following the below link;

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... manceMeter

Along with this feature there is also the ability to add reference times into the dash which can then be used to generate predictive lap times and to also cross reference with delta times.

There are some small usability and bug fixes in this version. It is recommend to update to the latest version.

Kind Regards,

RT Support (SK)

rogerd

Postby rogerd » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Can you tell me which firmware version this is applicable to ?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:07 am

Information above is applicable to firmware version 4 onwards.

Kind Regards,

RT Support (SK)

KBoehm

Postby KBoehm » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:29 pm

The Link to the latest DASH4Pro firmware on the website seems to be inactive. When will the "version 4 onwards" firmware be available again?

Is there a plan to be able to load a previously saved variable file?

Thanks,
Kevin

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:45 am

This from another thread :-

"the firmware is now included in the configuration, so there is no separate firmware file. When you reconfigure, it will also update the firmware and even the bootloader if required".

So, once you create a configuration in the new config program and try and upload to the Dash4 the firmware will be automatically updated.

A good way of doing this IMO as it stops a) those trying to load a 'new' config with older firmware and b) those who update the firmware but try and load an old config.

Malcolm

KBoehm

Postby KBoehm » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:12 pm

This from another thread :-

"the firmware is now included in the configuration, so there is no separate firmware file. When you reconfigure, it will also update the firmware and even the bootloader if required".

So, once you create a configuration in the new config program and try and upload to the Dash4 the firmware will be automatically updated.

A good way of doing this IMO as it stops a) those trying to load a 'new' config with older firmware and b) those who update the firmware but try and load an old config.

Malcolm

Thanks!!

Return to “General software support”