Dash 2

simon

Dash 2

Postby simon » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi,

Today I connected my Dash 2 to the power for the first time using the red and black wires of the lower of the two connectors. I managed to upload a config but now I cannot make any changes the buttons do not seem to have any effect. I tried connecting to the power using the upper connector red and black wires but these do not even power up the system, anyone any ideas?

Simon

Ps been using the DL1 for a season now and it's a fantastic piece of kit!

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:49 pm

How do you have the buttons wired in?
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

simon

Postby simon » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi,

Thr buttons are wired on momentary switches with one side common to the white wire(Switch common) and the other to each of the four button wires

I have tried to upload changes via the S/w but it willnot accept changes for that either :(

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:19 pm

Hi Simon:

Is the DASH functioning at all now?

Having asked that, you should probably contact Support directly for the fastest resolution....

Thanks for the compliment re the DL1, now we need to get your DASH2 satisfaction to the same level!
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

simon

Postby simon » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:18 pm

Hi,

There is a display on the screen but it does nor seem to respond to inputs

I sent a mail to the address on the web site yesterday, got an auto resonse saying that This was no longer a valid way to contact support :? and that I needed to log a ticket on the web, which I did yesterday...no response yet.....

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:23 pm

OK - that system just changed but I believe it is working. There will be a bit of a backlog due to the holidays but if you don't hear anything soon feel free to email me at ussales@race-technology.com

BTW, what country are you in?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

simon

Postby simon » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi Al, thanks for the resonse!

I'm in the UK so I hope to get a response soon from HQ???

simon

Postby simon » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:40 pm

Picked up my repaired dash from the Race Tech stand at the autosport show - Thanks Race tech!

blackrex

Postby blackrex » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:07 am

What was the fault on your dash? I have had the same sort of issues with mine, except that whilst it powers on, I have to reload the config each time.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:16 pm

Blackrex:

It certainly should not require the config to be loaded each time. You should probably contact Support directly, that's an odd fault.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

simon

Dash 2 RPM

Postby simon » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:22 pm

SO I'm getting closer to getting it fully working. Got all the sensors reading correctly and all the settings on the dash OK. THe Data logger is logging the data correctly as well.

LAst problem is the RPM. I cannot seem to get this sorted. I'v got a screened cable running to the data logger from the tacho feed on the car (Radical Prosport). I've tried it on the Spark and the 5v input but the RPM is allover the place on the Dash. Ive tried the filtering settings on the dash config but I cannot seem to get them right, either get no reading or the RPM climbs steadily to the max. Has anyone any ideas....

The new monitor SW would be really usefull now as every change means a reload of the Dat file

Simon

www.tillingmotorsport.com

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:10 pm

Simon:

Is the RPM logging OK on the DL1?

And do you see a reasonable reading on the RPM (Hz) readout on the basic monitor software? This won't be properly scaled to RPM but should be proportional to RPM.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General software support”