CAN wheel speed and gear dificulties

Joao Basso

CAN wheel speed and gear dificulties

Postby Joao Basso » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello,

My system is configured to read 4 wheel speeds from the 4 wheels in this BMW 1 series.
Those 4 wheel speeds are assigned (on the CAN config tool) to 4 frequency channels (freq 25 to 29).
3 of those 4 channels are readable in my Dash3 but the the FL wheel (Freq 25) always reads zero.
I believe that the ABS wheel speed sensor is reading well as the car does not indicates any ABS problem.
The configuration of the 4 wheels speeds uses the same logic and I reviewed it several times without finding any error.
Unfortunately I can not drive the car with the Lite Monitor on as I have no battery in my PC...

There are some possibilities that I did not test yet:

1. Reducing the number of CAN channels logged. I'm reading 14.
2. Reducing the number of channels in the wheel speed page of the Dash3. I'm reading 10 channels.

Can any of this be the problem? Any other ideias?

Now a second problem that may be related to the wheel speed problem: I can't make the Gear channel work well.

Previously I was reading speed and RPM from the OBD and the gear calculation worked fine.

Now I only read speed from 3 wheels and the gear takes some time to work... I suspect that it is reading GPS speed and it takes some time to get the signal. But I don't want to rely on GPS signal for the gear calculation.

So my question is: how can I force the Gear channel to read speed from the wheels?
By the way, wheelspeed channel reads zero.

Any ideias of what may be causing those problems?

Thanks
João Basso

racetec
Site Admin

Re: CAN wheel speed and gear dificulties

Postby racetec » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi,

Just wrapping up a few threads on the forum, can you confirm that this was resolved on email with RT support?

Kind regards, Support (A)

Joao Basso

Postby Joao Basso » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:30 pm

Hello,

I still have the problem with the FL wheel speed. It reads zero when all the other read the real speed. Can be many things I know but can it be to many CAN channels? Any sugestions?

The speed for the gear calculation is comming from the GPS. Can I change that and have the wheel speed controling the gear?

Thanks

Joao
João Basso

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello,

Is the FL CAN channel configured to Frequency 1 VAR_1500? This channel is actually the RPM channel. I recommend mapping to a different channel.

On the DASH3 it is not possible to use a CAN channel for the gear calculation. The only option is to create a userdefined equation of speed/(RPM/100) then having text that displays when within each gear range.

For example text "1" display when between 0.9 and 1.1, '2nd' display when....

Kind regards,
Support (K)

Joao Basso

Postby Joao Basso » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:50 pm

Hello,

Problem sorted. It was not VAR_1500 but it was just a typing error from me. I reviewed it several times so if it passed by, I must be getting old!

Thanks for the Gear solution.

Kind regards

Joao Basso
João Basso

Return to “General software support”