Dash2 Pro configuration screen too big?

blizard

Dash2 Pro configuration screen too big?

Postby blizard » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 pm

I have a little Toshiba NB300 that I use in my race car. It has a 10.1" screen and max resolution of 1024x600. I can't display all of the Dash2 Pro configuration display on this little laptop. The bottom gets cut off and I can't send a configuration to the dash (on this little laptop). The software can't be minimised or the size changed and have a scroll bar appear to move the display.
No worries on the home PC setting it up, but I'd rather not have to buy another laptop just to send a file to the dash.

Is there an easy fix to this that I've missed?

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Hello,

I have passed this onto the correct engineer to address it but it is unlikely to change for a few months.

If you're running windows 7 you can use Cntrl + Alt + LEFT as a solution. ;-) (Cntrl + alt + up to go back) but I recommend you find another laptop to use.

Kind regards,
Kieran

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:21 pm

We are not going to modify the software to fit on a 600 pixel high screen. The smallest commonly used screens are either 720 or 768 pixels high, so we will try to make them fit within these sizes.

Martin

Dodge62

Postby Dodge62 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Most netbooks with 1024x600 displays have an option for a "virtual" 1024x768 screen (obviously by throwing away some of the pixels). Check around in your display settings and see if yours does.

GROPIUS

Re: Dash2 Pro configuration screen too big?

Postby GROPIUS » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 am

blizard wrote:I have a little Toshiba NB300 that I use in my race car. It has a 10.1" screen and max resolution of 1024x600. I can't display all of the Dash2 Pro configuration display on this little laptop. The bottom gets cut off and I can't send a configuration to the dash (on this little laptop). The software can't be minimised or the size changed and have a scroll bar appear to move the display.
No worries on the home PC setting it up, but I'd rather not have to buy another laptop just to send a file to the dash.

Is there an easy fix to this that I've missed?

Had the same problem...
...not a fix but you can move your taskbar to the left or right side...
voila :wink:

Return to “General software support”