Alarm parameters changing themselves?

midlana

Alarm parameters changing themselves?

Postby midlana » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:42 am

I'm using analog input #4 on a DASH 2 to read fuel level. I want to have a low-fuel warning at 2 gallons, so the low alarm was set to "2". The configuration file was then saved, and then that same configuration file was immediately reloaded and surprise, the low alarm setting of "2" had become the high alarm setting, and the low alarm value had changed to zero.

I know that the configuration file was saved because I could see that the time stamp had updated. If the alarm values had gone back to zero, that would be one thing, yet the low alarm value moved over to the high alarm field, so something fishy is going on.

A search on this anomaly turned up nothing. The Knowledge Base says nothing about the software disallowing certain values or modifying which field they appear in.

Support?

Support

Postby Support » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:13 am

That is very odd, I've never heard of it and certainly never seen it happen!! Can you reproduce it, or does it appear to be a 1 off?

Kind regards, Support (Andy)

midlana

Postby midlana » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:47 pm

I'll try it again and will record my exact steps, but it does it every time. (I tried it about half a dozen times while trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.)

Support

Postby Support » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:25 pm

I suspect that you had the high alarm set as 0 and the low alarm set as 2, so the software decided for you that you had put them the wrong way around. Make sure that the high alarm is higher than the low alarm then it should be fine. A high alarm value of 1000 should do the trick.

Martin

midlana

Postby midlana » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm

That's a very good point and probably exactly why it fails. I'll try it out soon and will report back to close the issue.

midlana

Postby midlana » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:21 am

Support, you are correct, it moves the limit value because it's trying to fix the goof. I just didn't think through what I was trying to do. Thank's for helping me out on it.

Return to “General software support”