Cannot send configuration to Dash3 - System can't detect seq

64r

Cannot send configuration to Dash3 - System can't detect seq

Postby 64r » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:36 pm

I have a new Dash3 unit that I am trying to get to work.

Using an self made adapter cable (I am an electrical engineer with 20 years motorsport experience) I was able to read the configuration off the Dash3 no problems.

I then modified the configuration to suit my requirements and successfully programed the Dash3.

I then modified the configuration again but I can no longer write or read any configuration from the Dash3.

Each time I try to read or write a configuration I see the following in the Dash3 software:
Sending bit pattern......
Detecting sequence....

I then get an error message popup: "System can't detect the sequence"

I have a bench power supply delivering 12V and I can see that the dash is drawing about 70mA. The power supply can supply 2A.

I have checked and checked then finally made another adapter loom to make sure the connections are correct. I am sure the 12V is correct because without the power supply the Dash3 does not power up.

I am happy that the RS232 wiring is correct because I can use the Lite Monitor to send messages to the Dash3 and I can see those messages received on the Dash3 without error.

I am using a USB to 232 adapter, but I am happy that is working because the same lead can and does program an ECU via 232. I have tried 2 other machines, WIn7 and XP and a different machine that has a RS232 port to rule out the adapter. All machines show the same error.

The dash unit has a date of Feb 2013 and has the latest firware already installed (I have not tried to change the firmware).

I cannot understand what the problem is, to me it looks like the Dash3 is not transmitting over RS232, but without getting a scope out I cannot confirm that. I cannot understand why I could program the unit once without issue.

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Return to “General software support”