RPM pick up

Tom R

RPM pick up

Postby Tom R » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 pm

I have a Dl1 Mk2, Dash 3 full, OBD2 interface combo. I got the setup mostly working but can't get the RPM pick up right.

Info on DL1 setup
Dl1 draws power from a fused and separate line from the battery but shares it with 3 gauges, the Dash 3, and the OBD2 interface
Firmware version 29.6

My fundamental problem is that DL1 is logging an RPM variable that is wrong. With just the DL1 (Dash 3, and OBD2 interface disconnected) and RPM picked up from the Tach to rL input on the DL1, I log idle rpms of ~5000.

Here are my setup.bin parameters:

And here is the logged data, all at idle:

I am stumped as to what may be causing this. Do I need a firmware update? Help is appreciated.

Support

Postby Support » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 am

In the Analysis software, go to Data / Edit Default Vehicle Options and check the pulses per revolution on the RPM input.
Depending on where you are picking up the tacho signal from you might have to increase this to 2,3,4. The high reading could also be caused by noise on the signal which can be well hidden by filtering. To elimate this please email a sample run file through to me, mhill at race-technology.com and I'll look at it for you.

Martin

Return to “General software support”