Analysis 8.5 video licence

fast_grandad

Analysis 8.5 video licence

Postby fast_grandad » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Loaded Analysis 8.5 for first time. Started Run Manager to load 3rd party video file and sync to data. So far, so good. Then click 'Video' tab but video window states 'No video licence available'. I've copied over the previously used codes.bin file to the Other files folder, having renamed the existing codes.bin but no difference after a restart.

Edited to add, just checked 8.5 help which states that pre Feb 2010 licence codes.bin file should work with slightly reduced functionality which is fair enough. So a bit puzzled and grateful for help.
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 am

Hi Fast Grandad! Good name... :D

It should all be fine, in fact you shouldn't need to copy over the license file, it should just work. What is the serial number of your DL1?

Kind regards,

Support

fast_grandad

Postby fast_grandad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:49 am

I may have to change the name to 'not-as-fast grandad as I thought I once was'!

Problem not yet resolved yet but Kieran's on the case and we're in direct email contact.

Paul
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

mgs

Postby mgs » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 pm

yep, same problem for me. Downloaded V8.5 from RT site tonight and no video :roll:

Was previously on V8.5 beta, now what do I do?

...and I have lost all my settings files in the process! The files in the backup user/public/ folder for the previous V8.5 beta version aren't the ones I saved, they are the default ones for a new install. They haven't been imported into the new version which you would epect when upgrading. Where have they gone?

Not a happy bunny!

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:29 am

Same problem here, using versions 8.5.0048 and 8.5.0043.

It says 'No video licence available'. I even tried using a lower-res video (stuff that worked before with 8.0.8075) and no go.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 am

Morning,

The new video system in v8.5 works with the widescreen video license, which in practice is any video license that has been bought in the past 4 years. So basically if you've bought a license in that time you will get a free HD upgrade.

For video licenses older than that, you can continue to use v8 which will remain on the web site, or you can email sales@race-technology.com for an upgrade.

With regards our system removing old settings, the current installer doesn't ever remove anything from the PC whatsoever - however if you uninstall first then on some versions of windows the system will remove files. Really sorry if this has happened to you, we've recently changes our settings to instruct windows not to do this - so it should never happen in the future.

Kind regards, Support

fast_grandad

Postby fast_grandad » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am

I sent a test file to Support some weeks ago now but I still don't have a working solution for 8.5 and I've been too busy doing other things to follow it up.

I bought my video licence in December 2009 (<4years) and don't seem to have the upgrade so can it be explained how to get this and have the video in 8.5 fully functioning?

I currently have all working on version 8 but would like to be able to use the new features of 8.5.

BTW, I've never been able to install an upgrade and successfully transfer car parameter data over from a previous version! Not really a problem as it only takes a couple of minutes to re-enter.

Paul
Caterham 7, 2 litre Vx

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm

I received my video license May 08, 2009, would that mean that it's not the 'widescreen' licence?

Is it common practice for licenses to expire at some point? That seems to break with Race Technology's practice of a larger up-front charge with minimal additional fees.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:55 pm

The license is still completely valid, we've not "removed" anything - v8 continues to be available from our web site.

mgs

Postby mgs » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Support wrote:Morning,

The new video system in v8.5 works with the widescreen video license, which in practice is any video license that has been bought in the past 4 years. So basically if you've bought a license in that time you will get a free HD upgrade.

For video licenses older than that, you can continue to use v8 which will remain on the web site, or you can email sales@race-technology.com for an upgrade.

With regards our system removing old settings, the current installer doesn't ever remove anything from the PC whatsoever - however if you uninstall first then on some versions of windows the system will remove files. Really sorry if this has happened to you, we've recently changes our settings to instruct windows not to do this - so it should never happen in the future.

Kind regards, Support

not sure this is right. I have tried both ways i.e. installed V8.5 whilst I have an installed previous version (v8.0 and v8.5 beta) and the car, lap and var files in the rundatabase in the backup folder of the old version that is created by the installation of the new software only has the std defaults and not my files. I get exactly the same thing if I uninstall the previous version(s) first i.e. a backup folder for the previous version is created containing supposedly the configuration files from the previous install which are in fact the defaults from the new installation.
I recommend anyone thinking of installing V8.5 to backup their rundatabase in their own backup folder in a different drive location as a precaution.

Return to “General software support”