DASH2 frozen

Esham

DASH2 frozen

Postby Esham » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Guys,

Very new to this forum all the away from sunny South Africa. I'm hoping you guys can help me with a very frustrating problem.

I recently bought a used DASH2 from a UK seller. Its been installed and it worked at first. I just needed to add the analogue sensors. Thats where my problem started. I plugged it into my laptop using the serial port and fired up the software. I clicked send config but got an error saying the unit is not being detected, do i want to send it anyway. Thinking it wont make a difference I said Yes. The DASH2 then went into a "suspended state" and its been like that ever since. Tried 3 different laptops. (XP and Win7). Tried serial to USB converters but nothing. Even tried to reflash it but no luck. Any advice? See pics below.. :(

How it was connected:

What is looks like now:

The error I get when i tried to flash it:

What I do know is that it probably somehow thinks it still connected to a Pc via serial. I do not have any buttons connected and it is a standalone unit.

Thanks guys!

Regards
Esham

Support

Postby Support » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 am

Afternoon!

What lead did you use to connect to the DASH2 from the PC? Was it the lead supplied with the DASH2?

Kind regards,

Support (A)

Esham

Postby Esham » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:53 am

Support wrote:Afternoon!

What lead did you use to connect to the DASH2 from the PC? Was it the lead supplied with the DASH2?

Kind regards,

Support (A)

Afternoon :)

Yes the lead supplied with the DASH2

Support

Support

Postby Support » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Hello,

It looks like the DASH2 has gone into reflash mode. I can't see how it would do this from what you have described unless there was no ground connection between the PC and the DASH so the DASH was just receiving lots of errors.

Using a multi-meter on buzzer do you get a connection to ground on pin 5 of the 9 pin connect on the DASH2?

BR,
K

Esham

Re: Support

Postby Esham » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Support wrote:Hello,

It looks like the DASH2 has gone into reflash mode. I can't see how it would do this from what you have described unless there was no ground connection between the PC and the DASH so the DASH was just receiving lots of errors.

Using a multi-meter on buzzer do you get a connection to ground on pin 5 of the 9 pin connect on the DASH2?

BR,
K

I just recently found out that the the R232 pins on Connector 2 has not been connected correctly. So hopefully I can get that fixed this week and check. Hopefully it will solve my problem. Thanks for the reply.

Esham

Postby Esham » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Just a bit of an update..

I wired up the buttons this evening to see if I could reset it by holding the up button while turning it on...

The good news is, it is out of the "serial" mode..

But the bad news is , that it has a load of giberish on the screen. Still cannot flash it though because it is still not detected by the laptop though..

any ideas? Thanks!

See beloe..

Support

Postby Support » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:27 am

It sounds like a PC->DASH2 comms issue. Some questions for you:

- are you running only a DASH2? do you have a DL1 or ECU adapter etc?
- when you start up the PC config software and send the config did it give an error like "cannot detect the DASH2?"
- are you using a built in serial port on the PC, is so which number is the port?
- are you using a USB to serial convertor? If you what type?
- are you certain you are using the serial lead we supplied with no additional adapters etc

WBR, Support (A)

Esham

Postby Esham » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 am

Support wrote:It sounds like a PC->DASH2 comms issue. Some questions for you:

- are you running only a DASH2? do you have a DL1 or ECU adapter etc?
- when you start up the PC config software and send the config did it give an error like "cannot detect the DASH2?"
- are you using a built in serial port on the PC, is so which number is the port?
- are you using a USB to serial convertor? If you what type?
- are you certain you are using the serial lead we supplied with no additional adapters etc

WBR, Support (A)

- are you running only a DASH2? do you have a DL1 or ECU adapter etc? – Only DASH2 no DL1
- when you start up the PC config software and send the config did it give an error like "cannot detect the DASH2?" – yes it does when I try to send the config file
- are you using a built in serial port on the PC, is so which number is the port? – I have tried a pc (Win7) with a builtin port (Port 1)
- are you using a USB to serial convertor? If you what type? I do have one – Not sure which type though. Detects as Port 8
- are you certain you are using the serial lead we supplied with no additional adapters etc Definitely certain. Grey-ish cable with male on one side and female on the other

Support

Support

Postby Support » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Changing the port number to 1 has worked for me in the past. Find your device manager on your PC and double click on the port then under port settings advanced you can change the port number.

I would also recommend you connect the DL1 to the lite monitor to check the serial port is working correctly. Once connected to start and stopping logging the DL1 from the lite monitor to confirm 2 way communication is working.

Kind regards,
K

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Kieran,

From his earlier post it doesn't look like he has a DL1.

M.

Support

Support

Postby Support » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 am

Thanks M.

Esham - Does pin 5 on the DASH2 connector buzz to ground?

K

Return to “General software support”