Dash2 Corrupt??

450nick

Dash2 Corrupt??

Postby 450nick » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi all, I bought my Dash 2 about 18 months ago and after mounting it on the dashboard in my new race car, I left it sitting in the garage for around the last year. It's never got wet or even damp, and has never been connected to power.

I've finally got around to the stage of wiring up the dash this weekend though, and having just wired up the Dash2 to 12v and ground, and the 4 input buttons, I just touched a battery to it to see if it works, and it appears not to.

What I'm seeing is the unit light up seemingly random parts of the LCD display, so I get a garbled picture in front of me. I'm assuming that this isn't supposed to happen, so before I ring Race Tech on Monday can anyone offer any sort of explanation? I plugged my DL1 in parallel with it (as it will be in the final installation), and linked the two with a serial cable and the picture seemed different on the Dash2, but still garbled, and the DL1 had only the top left light lit (GPS Lock). This can't be right though as it had no antenna plugged in.

I'll maybe try reflashing them both but I'll need to go and pick up a USB/serial converter first I think.

450nick

Postby 450nick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:30 am

Ok sorted it... Turned out to be a tiny short in the loom!

Return to “General software support”