corrupt/weird dash2

lalle

corrupt/weird dash2

Postby lalle » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 pm

hello everybody! i should try to write a bit english here, i have race dash2 display,DTA s80 with can adapter, i finaly got the can adapter to work on rpm and map but nothing else so im configurate the dash 2 in configuration tool and send it to dash2 but now the dash2 is weird, it seems too not take the configurationfile at all, now the dash is corrupt.
what have went wrong???

lalle

Postby lalle » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:08 pm

anywone?? i try to reflash the dash2 but i cant get any respond at all, it wont connect to the pc :roll:

osborni

Postby osborni » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 am

Do you have a DL1? If you do, you could try to reflash from that unit rather then a PC. But if you can't connect to a PC via serial, you may need to give support a call.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

lalle

Postby lalle » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 am

i dont have DL1, i use usb/serial adapter cable becase the computer don`t have serial, is that wrong?

Support

Postby Support » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 am

Using a USB-Serial cable is fine. These can however sometimes cause problems. The DASH2 is still fine, it just seems that it has an incomplete configuration on it.
Follow the instructions in the link below to the letter and you should be fine. If the problem persists please email me gummi(at) race-technology.com

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... nitFromAPC

lalle

Postby lalle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:17 pm

i tryed to reflash but it wont
respond,

it says "the device is not responding correctly,pleas chek it it connected
correctly"

the dash2 flashes a little when i try to reflash thats all, ewen if i send
the configurate file to the dash2 it flashes a little.

when the serial cable are connected whith the computer, the dash2 are
normaly and the old configurated shows on the dash2, when the serialcable are not connected the dash2 are weird.

pacosnik

Postby pacosnik » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:36 pm

You can't reflash Dash2 whit USB/RS232 adpter. Recommended to use the computer which has a normal RS232 port. I reflash my Dash2 two days ago so this method is tested.
VW Golf MK2 16V Turbo Quattro - sold
VW Golf MK4 AWD kitcar for hill climb and track racing
VW Caddy Life 2.0 TDI - daily vehicle

V8Mike

Postby V8Mike » Mon May 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Lalle did you get this resolved?

I've just reently had the same issue, but I actually flashed the Dash2 from the DL1 and got the corruption on the screen. Even after trying to reflash from a laptop with a USB>Serial connector I got nothing.

I saw a thread a few years back that talked about reflashing with a slightly older firmware. I reflashed from the laptop and therefore over USB>Serial with the older firmware and I now have a fully working Dash2 again.

Heart stopping moments for sure.

Return to “General software support”