Auto run and buildoption issues with Win2k

GrahamB

Auto run and buildoption issues with Win2k

Postby GrahamB » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:01 am

This seems to be a problem specific to me, I'm really hoping someone else is seeing the same thing...

When I first install v4 on my desk top, all was fine. However after various microsoft upgrades, I tried to change the vehicle type and couldn't... the configuration tool seemed to work ok but the setting wasn't retained.

However I could work around this by manually editing the a zero to a one in the cfg
file.

Then the auto-run stopped working: although .run files were associated with the autorun program, double clicking gave the message that the program was "possibly locked by another user". I could open the analysis program directly then load the data file, so it wasn't fatal, just tedious.

Since then I've upgraded to v5 & v6 and the problems have persisted. I've removed and re-installed, had the version together or alone, makes no difference.

I also installed on my lap top. It was fine for some time (during which it wasn't plugged into the net and was therefore isolated from upgrades etc etc) but is now the same.

Both machines are running Win2K pro.

Final issue: when I open the variable manager in v6, it tells me that gps speed is in mph. However when I try to change it, it's already in km/h... whatever I change it to, after collapsing it still tells me it's in mph. There are a few other variable which refuse to be selected or deselected too...

I could really do without making a clean re-install of my OS and all software, since both my machines are otherwise working fine.

GrahamB

Postby GrahamB » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:08 pm

Further investigations:
Completely deleting all racetech files of all versions, re-starting and re-installing v6.3.0
makes no difference.

However I have sorted out what's going on with buildoptions.exe

Running it once writes a buildoptions.cfg file into the main racetechnologyv6 directory.
Once that is written, running the exe again generates an error on exit, claiming the cfg file is inaccessible. Deleting the cfg file allows it to work again.

HOWEVER, this has no effect at all on the vehicle type when running analysis.exe!
That is controlled by another copy of buildoptions.cfg, lurking in
racetechnologyv6/otherfiles
Editing the first line of that using notepad allows me to set car/ bike/ boat/ kart by setting the first character to 0, 1, 2, 3 respectively (cf the exe program that doesn't mention kart).

I also tried changing the 2nd line digit from zero to one, but couldn't see any effect...

Are other people seeing two versions of the cfg file? If not, where is the one version you have?

Return to “General software support”