issues making dash2 show values off the ecu can bus and rpm

charliex

issues making dash2 show values off the ecu can bus and rpm

Postby charliex » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:18 am

so i managed to mostly interpret my can bus output stream using the can configuration, i can't seem to make the 16 bit unsigned short value just show me a 1:1 value, and the scaler doesn't seem to be linear. its just a simple 16 bit word, so 0x10 0x0 in that byte order is 256 RPM, but can i make it show 256, can i flip, it seems as if 1 in the default setup isn't 1, maybe 0.2, and i can't find a place to change it.

for the life of me though i can't get the dash2 displaying anything from the can adapter, the mini logger on the pc shows values, all are right except RPM, there doesn't seem to be an ECU value for Engine Speed/rpm

I ended up recoding the firmware in the ecu to use OBD II CAN 08 instead of K line, that showed the right RPM value in the logger, but still nada on the DASH2, i know its updating since i changed the text, but i want to keep the old CAN format anyway.

and having the dash2 software just draw a progress bar over and over, isn't terrifically informative, it does the same thing if it passes or fails :)

cheers

charliex

Postby charliex » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 pm

ok so you have to set the dash2 on its menu to read rs232/on dash2/ off for speed and rpm. i have it showing rpm but not speed yet... presumably i have the wrong setting in the config.

now if i could only get the rpm to display 1:1 in the mini logger, have to redo the variables for that it seems.

stevieturbo

Postby stevieturbo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:35 pm

What ecu ?

Return to “General software support”