Immediate crash of analysis software since v7 install

mh

Immediate crash of analysis software since v7 install

Postby mh » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:23 pm

On XP (Core 2 duo), just installed v7. Analysis software doesn't start; I briefly see the logo, then nothing.

Removed all Application data files.

Anyone else?

Any solutions?

brucew

Postby brucew » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

I am having the same problem on a Vista machine (HP). I see the logo flash and then nothing. I upgraded my laptop to v7 and it worked fine.

I spoke to someone at RT who knew of this problem but said they didn't yet know the cause. I was advised to un-installl and re-install and the problem gets fixed. I tried this but still no joy.

I am at a loss. At least it works on the laptop but this screen is small and I was looking forward to using it on my large hi-res monitor!

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Sat May 09, 2009 12:29 am

I have the same issue on Win XP Pro. Just a brief flash of the logo and then it goes back to the desktop.

osborni

Postby osborni » Sat May 09, 2009 12:44 am

I uninstalled then re-installed v6 to correct that issue. v7 works just fine for me.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

brucew

Postby brucew » Sat May 09, 2009 5:42 am

Since my earlier posting I have now tried on another Core 2 Duo machine. It works OK. The difference is that the one that won't work is running 64 bit Vista and the other 32 bit Vista. I wonder if there is a major problem running on 64 bit Vista?

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Sat May 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Osborni - Did you leave v7 installed and then install v6 as well? And then v7 worked?

I get this error when trying to install v6 or v7_3_07:

Same error occurs when leaving V7011 installed or after uninstalling it.

I've also tried removing and reinstalling V7011 about 3 times with no luck. v7_3_07 worked last year but now I can't get it to work at all.

Support

Postby Support » Tue May 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi All,

I'm really sorry about that one - a bug crept into the installer that caused problems registering a particular file. The problem was it is only happening on a few PCs and we couldn't replicate it on any of our office PCs running either XP or Vista.

The good news is that we "think" we've fixed it with setup build v7012 which is now available for download. If this doesn't fix the problem, can you email me on andrew@race... etc.

Kind regards,

Andy

corey_dyck

Postby corey_dyck » Fri May 15, 2009 2:45 am

I downloaded v7013 - problem solved! Thanks!

boxheadmr

Postby boxheadmr » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:23 am

i am getting the analysis program crashing on opening after copying agross the 20hz file as instructed.
Following the instructions and it works initially without copying the file into the folder but once i do then try and run the analysis program it crashes.

Matt

frog968

V7.056 install not working

Postby frog968 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:01 am

Trying to install this version under Parallels V5 and Win XP, results in Error 1931 can not upgrade c:\windows\system32\atl.dll.

The video option also crashes the Analysis sw .

Any ideas ?[/img]

Support

Postby Support » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Boxheader: I've not heard of that one before, does it give any errors or other clues?

frog968: With regards error 1931, that is nothing to be concerned about. From my engineer:

"The error message 1931 is given by the Windows installer when it can’t update a file protected by windows file protection.

When the file in the setup is newer than the protected file, setup will display the error 1931.

Files under windows file protection can be updated only by a service pack.

The error is given to inform the user that he should update his system with later service pack.

This error normally doesn’t cause any effect to the installation. Setups continue as normal most of the times.
"

With regards the video crashing, I need lots more information I'm afraid!! Was this on the Max, under XP, or both? Does it give any warning? Does it do it everytime?

In both cases it might be simpler to either start another thread or email me directly, answering 2 unrelated questions like this causes confusion!! My direct email is andrew@race-t*******y.com.

Thanks,

Support

Return to “General software support”