User variables in dash3

dstevens

User variables in dash3

Postby dstevens » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:29 pm

How do I use user variables in the dash3?

I have created a new ProcessSerialData7.dll with the ECU serial stream translation (which I have to do every new version, as well as manually entering all the variable configuration in again). This shows up in analysis correctly and run files translate and display correctly when loaded.

Now in the dash3 configuration software if I load the variable file saved from analysis it both wipes out the lap timing specific variables (best lap etc) and also does not display the ECU serial variables.

Where am I going wrong?

Turby

Postby Turby » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:03 pm

I believe that the RT produced ECU interface devices output "ECU" specific packets and not "user" defined serial variables as produced when decoding serial data with the analysis software. Hence serial variables are only available during analysis and not at run-time for use by Dash 3.

Maybe RT support could verify...

dstevens

Postby dstevens » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Yes, I see the problem now. The dash3 has no way of decoding the serial data from the ECU. With analysis this is performed by the ProcessSerialData7.dll

I see that the system is designed to use the ECU interface to translate the ECU serial stream into the DL1/Dash3 serial stream. Now it makes sense.

Return to “General software support”