Lite Monitor working - Monitor not working

Ray Ruthven

Lite Monitor working - Monitor not working

Postby Ray Ruthven » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:05 am

:? I have a DL1 installation and in trying to set-up a new set of sensors I am not getting the full Monitor to work. When I look at each sensor individually on Lite Monitor they all work perfectly yet the full version still doesn't function?
The .mon file has 12 gauges on 2 tabs and all others deleted and the variables all check out OK - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joao Basso

Re: Lite Monitor working - Monitor not working

Postby Joao Basso » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello,

This is an old topic but I'm facing the same issue with my DL1 + DASH3 + CAN interface.
The CAN interface is set to read 14 channels including the engine speed from my BMW and it reads them perfectly in the Lite Monitor.
For the RPM, the channel I'm using in the CAN interface is "Engine Speed (ECU) VAR_xxxx" (sorry but I don't remember the var number).
Now I choose to display the "Engine Speed (ECU)" in the DASH3 and it always displays "0000".
I have at least 12 other channels in the CAN interface being displayed correctly in the DASH3 and the configuration is done the same way. But it does not work.

Any ideias?
Maybe there is a limit on the number of channels I can display? I'm reading 14 CAN + 2 Analogic.
Maybe it is the maximum sample rate? I'm reading 50Hz in the RPM I believe.

By the way, in the DASH3 manual it says the we should power on the DL1/DASH3 and insert the memory card in the DL1 to reconfigure the dash BUT in reality the card must be inserted before the DL1 is turned on. I lost HOURS of work because of this manual error.

Please help me with this.

Kind regards

Joao
João Basso

Support

Postby Support » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:11 am

Hi Joao,

Many thanks for your enquiry.

it is important in your DL1 configuration that you set the RPM serial output and logging rate to disabled.

What I believe could be happening is that the DL1 believes you are using its RPM signal input and is therefore overwriting the data from the ECU interface with its own RPM data. because obviously there is nothing connected here, this will remain zero.

Which version of DL1 are you using? I can advise on correct configuration for the unit based on the version you have.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

Joao Basso

Postby Joao Basso » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:32 am

Many thanks for your reply.

Understood your tip. I will try it when I have the time.
There is an info that I did not say: before I was using the OBD2 option to collect the RPM and I have RPM reading in the Dash3 but I believe I was using another RPM channel and not Engine Speed (ECU). Does this makes sense with your theory?

I don't know the DL1 version but it's a early unit. I can check that later.
As soon as I test this, I'll let you know the result.

Kind regards

João Basso
João Basso

Joao Basso

Postby Joao Basso » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 am

Hello,

RPM working fine after following your advice. Thank you!

Now I have another problem: speed value to have the gear calculation working.
Previously I was reading speed and RPM from the OBD and the gear calculation worked fine.
Now I only read speed from wheels and the gear takes some time to work... I suspect that it is reading GPS speed and it takes some time to get the signal.

So my question is: how can I force the Gear channel to read speed from the wheels?
By the way, wheelspeed channel reads zero.

Thanks

João Basso
João Basso

Return to “General software support”