REvs

DavidRowley

REvs

Postby DavidRowley » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:21 pm

ok i thought i can follow instructions and have done so for installing the

Revs to my Dl1 from the coil on my pinto engine the DL1 is connected to my Dash 2 and dash 2 is configured for RS232 comms on REvs

the Problem 1000-2800 ish the desplay is fine nice and bold and increases nicly .
then 3000-upwards i get light flickering on the revs scale display on the Dash 2 and the shift lights flash madley all the lights and the display wont return to normal then

what am i doing wrong is it scaling ,Hz the delay the sample rate the avg or do i need king cable rings installing. to get better readings.

some one please Help im so disapointed in the product not being so simple, a software engineer couldnt fix the problem that im posting for Help

the rev limit is set to 6800 on a omex clubman rev limiter.

is this causing a problem as its also connected to the - on coil and + on coil and neg.earth if so do i need to remove the rev limiter or just use the king cable connection method. ive read the revs section in help file 4 times and printed out just to make sure i havent missed anything ive seen several posts about revs on Race technology products all seam to be car not product but the help file gives no clues

DAve

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Dave,
Is this connected using the high level RPM input with a wire connected directly to the - terminal of the coil, or by using a clamp around one of the leads?

Martin

faraday

Postby faraday » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:25 am

Sounds like Dave is using coil -ve.

Perhaps Dave could log some data, prepare a graph and post a screen dump.

DavidRowley

Postby DavidRowley » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:57 pm

[img][img]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5328/rpmpicwy6.jpg[/img][/img]

for the run file give me an email adress and i can end you the file thanks

DavidRowley

Postby DavidRowley » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:59 pm

yes im on the High lvl input and connected to the - on my coil

i had a thought my coil has a resister. installed. for i think lower voltage. grabbing at straws here but any help apretiated

dave

Return to “General software support”