File formats

timhoverd

File formats

Postby timhoverd » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I note that V7 uses different file formats from V6. Hence, my umpteen saved logging analysis session, window layouts and variable settings files no longer work. The variable files even crash the new software which is pretty unfriendly.

Do I have to labouriously recreate all these (it'd take days) or should I just stick with V6?

Tim

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:24 am

Creating new variables and layouts shouldn't take days! Make a note of what filtering, smoothing, max and mins etc you have in V6 for your variables, and copy them across quickly - maybe half an hours work.

Then save the variables to a .var file.

Then import runs, laps and car files (which I believe still work) with the new variables, and save as whatever you like.

V7 is so much better than V6 (in my opinion) that it'll be time well spent, and you won't want to go back.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

timhoverd

Postby timhoverd » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:36 am

tristancliffe wrote:Creating new variables and layouts shouldn't take days! Make a note of what filtering, smoothing, max and mins etc you have in V6 for your variables, and copy them across quickly - maybe half an hours work.

Just sorting out the variable names and a large number of wacky equations (such as calculating understeer/oversteer from my yaw rate sensor) will easily be much longer than that.

Then, sorting out the correct subsets of the 500-odd run files that contribute towards about 50-odd consolidated result analyses (15 or so circuits, several different sets of weather conditions) will consume a considerable amount of time.

Return to “General software support”