Track map shows as 45 degree angle straight line

JoJa15

Track map shows as 45 degree angle straight line

Postby JoJa15 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:39 pm

I downloaded the latest v7.1.17 software off of the website. I loaded up a sample run from another person and the track map shows as a straight 45 degree angle line. This happens on my desktop at home and my laptop. With both of those computers I had previous beta versions of the software installed.

On my work computer where I had never previously installed the software the run file loads up fine and shows the track map as well as all the data.

On the messed up run file I can select Plot against time [not distance] and some of the data shows up in the graphs like long and lat accel. The speed does not show. On the good install I do not have to select Plot against time [not distance] to see the data. It looks like none of the positional data was processed or displayed.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? I tried to look at all the options to see if it was something I did there but I could not find any differences that stood out.

- John

JoJa15

Postby JoJa15 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:09 pm

OK, I solved the problem. I still do not know what was causing the problem by I selected return program to factory defaults and when I loaded the data again everything looked fine. I suspect that even though I uninstalled the previous beta versions something got left over that was messing up the data load or I had some setting (that I could not find) that was messing up the positional data on input.

- John

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:22 pm

John, it may be that I accidentally sent you a *.var file that was from the beta version. I has this same problem the first time I loaded runs in 7.1.17 and used a Beta7 VAR file.

The variable names have changed from v6 to v7beta to the 'final' v7. An example (not checked for accuracy) would be RPM changing from VAR_6 to VAR_06 to VAR_006
Jason Kolk
Autocross - ESP Camaro Z28

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:30 pm

Applejack wrote:John, it may be that I accidentally sent you a *.var file that was from the beta version. I has this same problem the first time I loaded runs in 7.1.17 and used a Beta7 VAR file.

The variable names have changed from v6 to v7beta to the 'final' v7. An example (not checked for accuracy) would be RPM changing from VAR_6 to VAR_06 to VAR_006

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh. I had this problem to, and I fiddled with loading variables, tweaking variables, turning off options in Analysis Options etc, and cured it, but didn't really know how. Never spotted variable names changing (who would). Doesn't matter, I fixed it, but it's nice to know why sometimes...
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:26 pm

It seems like they added about a couple hundred variable to account for (it looks like) up coming OBD/CAN capability.

Instead of leaving all of the old variable the same (and allowing old files to work) they re-organized everything to stay orderly as you scroll through the variables in the equation editor. That's my take anyway.
Jason Kolk

dobuy

Postby dobuy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:27 pm

Yep, I have the same problem, I reverted to default but it did not solve it :evil:
Caterham 7 Duratec
www.biggles.net

ZEDohSIX

Postby ZEDohSIX » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:53 pm

I have exactly the same symptoms.

I have removed both V6 and V7, rebooted and re-installed V7.1.26 (standard). Maps are 45 degree lines.

Reset to factory config. Maps are 45 degree lines.

I have also noticed that performance charts have weird units (times show as angles) and that plotting X and Y positions come up as zeroes (which explains the map).

An older version of V7 beta (which is now gone) worked fine and an upgrade of that to V7.1.26 worked fine. I ran into a few issues so tried uninstalling and re-installing and got here.

Are the variables definitions incorrect in the latest release?

NB: I have all variables enabled (uncluding X and Y pos) but it does not affect the symptoms.

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:00 am

FYI there is a 7.1.29 out now. You might try that.
Jason Kolk

dobuy

Postby dobuy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:01 pm

7.1.29 is the one I am having a problem with
Caterham 7 Duratec
www.biggles.net

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:00 pm

Is it DL1 or DL2 data that you are having trouble with?

We have had an instance of some DL2 data that worked in V6 and note a recent V7. This turned out to be due to some of the GPS data having been "turned off" via the DL2 config utility. The V6 was tolerant of that but V7 was not.

In that instance, selecting "use raw GPS data" in Data > Analysis options and then "5/10 Hz" solved the problem.

Not sure if a DL1 could have that issue or not.

Let us know if that helps.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:49 pm

I've had a similar thing. What cured it for me was tweaking the variables and re-processing the data.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

ZEDohSIX

Postby ZEDohSIX » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:11 pm

My problem is with a DL1 and V7.1.29. I had tried "use raw GPS data" but got a messages saying there wasn't any in my DL1 data.

dobuy

Postby dobuy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:00 pm

OK, just had another look at it, looks like it is a variable problem. If I open any run file it shows a 45' line. I do a 'clear everything' and then go to File>Advanced Load/Saves>Load Variable Information. Click yes to the question about replacing from file and browse to the default file stored at C:\Program Files\RaceTechnologyV7\Analysis\Configuration\FactoryDefaults.var
Then re-load your run file and you should have a correctly displayed map. Don't know which of the old variables is causing the problem, the only ones I use that are non-standard are revs and oil pressure
Caterham 7 Duratec
www.biggles.net

Applejack

Postby Applejack » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:52 pm

They changed a bunch of variables from (ex only) 05 to 0005 at some point in the V7 releases. If one of yours was still 05 it probably didn't know what to do with the data.
Jason Kolk

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:54 pm

Yes, unfortunately the old variables files are no longer compatible.

Price of progress I presume.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General software support”