RTLive Hardware reset Button

thokes82

RTLive Hardware reset Button

Postby thokes82 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:20 am

I had my car running this weekend in Spa. I had a freeze of my RTLive just before the race and didn't have the time to leave the car without movement for 10 minutes. I wish I could have a hardware button to disconnect the internal battery. It would be a lifesaver. I had to race without log and dash values! This includes RPM. Another bad experience in a row of bad experiences...
After Parc Ferme the unit was switched off and after starting it worked again.

racetec
Site Admin

Re: RTLive Hardware reset Button

Postby racetec » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 am

Yes - this has been feedback from a number of users, "its frustrating and confusing, that it cannot be reset by removing power"... so we've now changed the design from using an internal battery to super capacitors. These give about 5 seconds of power backup after the removal of power which is enough to complete everything, are more robust, but allow a reset.

If you would like to contact us via email then we can arrange to get this unit back and we can updating to the latest specification.

Regards, Support (A)

thokes82

Postby thokes82 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:30 am

Instead of sending the unit back, would you perhaps consider to offer a retrofit kit? Means Some kind of upgrade instruction and a supercapacitor as a plug and play solution? Don't want to send my unit(again)...
regards, Thomas

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi Thomas

It would not be practical for us to do this.
Please email support at race-technology dot com if you would like to arrange for the unit to come back to us for the update.

Return to “New hardware feature requests”