How to load track coordinates to the unit?

MadMarx

How to load track coordinates to the unit?

Postby MadMarx » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:32 am

Hi,

How do I learn the system at which track I am and how to use my custom markers of that track?

Cheers
Chris

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry - I'm not quite clear on the question, what hardware are you using?

Kind regards,

Andy

MadMarx

Postby MadMarx » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi Andy,

I have:

Video4
DL1
Dash3

and would like to take my custom track markers to the race track so that I get split times during my ride.

How to do that?

Cheers
Chris

Xavier

Postby Xavier » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Save your lap configuration to a *.LAP file, and place it in the Video4 CF card.

When V4 starts, it reads the CF card looking for layout and lap files, and if one of the last ones is there, and the GPS data of the lap coordinates is near to your position, it assumes that this is the one you are about to work with.

In fact, it seems that it's possible to place more than one lap file into the CF card, but RT doesn't recommend this practice.

Regards.

MadMarx

Postby MadMarx » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Thank you for that advice. So the *.lap file I'm looking for.

With my previous datalogger I had also the problem when I'm at a track and have several track layouts like at the Nurburgring:

N.ring GP
GP with arena
GP without arena
GP short version
GP+nordschleife full
GP+nordschleife without arena
.....and so on.

So I had 7 versions on the logger and chose the one I needed.
Is there a way to chose a track manuel if you have several track layouts of one track on the CF card? Like Brands Hatch GP and Indy version?
I could imagine to chose a track over the Dash3 unit. Maybe there should be a track screen invented to chose a track and display the chosen track.

Cheers
Chris

Greg Amy

Postby Greg Amy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:09 pm

MadMarx wrote:Is there a way to chose a track manuel if you have several track layouts of one track on the CF card?

No, not if they're geographically coincidental as you describe above. Just keep those .LAP files on your PC and only put the one for that weekend (or that session) on the CF card. you're pulling the card out anyway to grab the data between sessions (right?) so it's not inconvenient.
Greg Amy
FastTech Limited, http://www.fasttechlimited.com/
Data Acquisition, Driver Consultation

Return to “GPS-specific questions”