GPS speed display

jam-sport

GPS speed display

Postby jam-sport » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:43 pm

We have a dl-1 and dash 2 mounted in a bmw touring car, however we cant get the gps speed to display on the dash 2, its all plugged in set to 100Hz on the output but still nothing, the gps will log and speed will log etc, buts thats as far as it goes, the dash wont display any of the dl-1 values, just leaves the areas blank.

any hints or tips etc?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi,
Make sure that you have the RS232 speed turned on on the DASH2 (set from the DASH2 menus), and that you have the GPS speed configured to be sent to the serial port as well as to be logged on the card (Using the DL1 configuration program). If you can connect a laptop to the output of the DL1 you can confirm that the DL1 is outputting data by using the Lite Monitor application.

Regards,
Martin

jam-sport

Postby jam-sport » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:49 pm

i am getting an output from the seriel cable, just nothing on the dash, hence i was wondering if i had mixed 2 dash's up and they were sync'd together

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:05 pm

If you have a DASH2 which is locked to a DL1, hold the down button as you apply power to it, you will see the software version number on the bottom of the screen and in the right hand display window will be the number of the DL1 it is locked to.

Martin

jam-sport

Postby jam-sport » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:04 pm

think i have it sorted, swapped the dash over

Return to “GPS-specific questions”