Issues getting signal from oil pressure sensor (AIM Motorsport Analouge Sensor)

RDelaCourt

Issues getting signal from oil pressure sensor (AIM Motorsport Analouge Sensor)

Postby RDelaCourt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:21 am

Hi all,

Im seeking some information for a friend.

He has a 'Race Dash2' which is communicating with a DL1 unit (using the OBD adapter). But I am struggling to get a signal from the oil pressure sensor.

I am using an AIM Motorsport Analouge.

I havent had this unit for long so apologies if there are obvious things that I have missed.

Thanks all!

Ryan

Support

Re: Issues getting signal from oil pressure sensor (AIM Motorsport Analouge Sensor)

Postby Support » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi Ryan - Have you checked that the DL1 analogue input is receiving a voltage signal from the sensor?

RDelaCourt

Re: Issues getting signal from oil pressure sensor (AIM Motorsport Analouge Sensor)

Postby RDelaCourt » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi there,

Apologies, I have been out of the country and did not see your response.

I am not directly pulling signal from the sensor, instead relying on the OBD.

Am i right in saying that I need to configure this within the v10 software to instruct the DL1 to pull this info from OBD as opposed to what I presume is a default setting pulling info direct fom the sourc?e (i.e. fuel and oil presure sensors)

Thank you

Support

Postby Support » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:50 pm

No problem Ryan - Unfortunately you won't be able to pick up oil pressure from the OBDII port, you'll need to use a sensor.

Oil pressure sensor - https://www.race-technology.com/gb/raci ... l-pressure

In regards to the DL1, if you are using an external interface such as the Universal OBDII Interface, the inputs do not need to be setup on the DL1 for them to be received, the interface will be decoding the data channels and passing them onto the data logger in Race Technology format.

Return to “Sensor-related questions”