ViPEC Plugin/CAN Adapter/DASH4PRO

jamesf

ViPEC Plugin/CAN Adapter/DASH4PRO

Postby jamesf » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:59 pm

I'm trying to setup a ViPEC BMW MINI Plugin ECU with a CAN Adapter and DASH4PRO. Despite numerous attempts I am unable to get any CAN data to display on the dash. The following is a summary of what I've tried

* ViPEC is setup as detailed on http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... NInterface
    * I've used an oscilloscope to verify that there is data on the CAN H & CAN L lines from the ECU
    * CAN H & CAN L are connected to the correct pins and the 120Ohm resistor is present
    * If the CAN adapter is connected to the ECU and then connected to the live monitor software I can see the beacon data being transmitted but no CAN data
    * When the CAN adapter is connected to the DASH4PRO the dash reports serial errors and no other data

Both the CAN Adapter and DASH4PRO were supplied direct from Race Technology.

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to try next, there is no way of verifying the setup in the CAN adapter so all I can do is try reprogramming it based on the ViPEC setup I was sent by technical support. Any advice on things I can try/check to isolate the problem are most welcome.

Support

Re: ViPEC Plugin/CAN Adapter/DASH4PRO

Postby Support » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:12 am

Hi there,

from what you have written it sounds as if the interface is properly connected and powered, but the ECU is either not sending out any CAN messages at all or is sending out the incorrect data.

Because you have checked that there is data on the CAN lines, it is a strong indication that the IDs coming from the ECU are incorrect for the ones programmed within the interface itself.

In order for me to help in the most efficient way possible, please would you be able to email me directly - sam@race-technology.com

If possible I will need a copy of your ECU map to verify the correct settings.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

jamesf

Re: ViPEC Plugin/CAN Adapter/DASH4PRO

Postby jamesf » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:16 am

Just sent the latest tune file across.

Return to “Installation questions”