DL1 MK3 + ECU can adaptor + Dash4 + Emerald K3 = No RPM

Postby Johannes.Kraut » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:23 pm

This is the hardware I have:

DL1 MK3
Hardware version: 1
Bootloader version: 1.0.12
Main application version: 1.0.73
Configuration version: 4.0.22

"ECU can/ODB adaptor" "ECU can adaptor" is what is writen at the two stickers, no details about the flashed software. I received a new software to flash onto the adaptor last december and flashed it to the adaptor. The flashing process does not end with a positive feedback or any message like "Flash completed" but I am 95% sure it worked.

Dash4 PRO - connected to the rs232 plug of the adaptor.

Emerald K3 in a Rover powered Lotus Elise. The emerald has a rs232 connection called "Comms" and this is connected to the rs232 plug of the ECU adaptor. The wiring is pin 1 and 2 of the K3 to the 5 and 7 (?) of the ECU adaptor. There are only these 2 pins connected. There is no resistor to terminate anything.

In the Emerald Software the "Can datalink settings" "Emerald / Generic" is the chosen protocoll.

The DL1 and the Dash4 interoperates good, the sensors connected to the DL1 (oil temp, oil pressure etc) deliver right to the display. It was plug and play, no changes have been done.

Now there is the strange thing: I power the DL1 up so does the Dash4 and also the K3 but the cable not connected. The second I connect the cable the Dash4 shows the water temp what has to be delivered out of the ECU. So the general setup should be good.

What it does not show up is the rpm. I guess it is a config-problem because the water temp is shown. Any suggestions what to check to get the signal? How should the "Can data input" and the "rpm inputs" in the DL1 software be set up?

Do I have to manualy adapt these channels somewhere?

Thanks for your support!

Regards, Jo

Support

Postby Support » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:15 am

Make sure in the variable mapping section of the DL1 configuration software that the RPM is set up to come from the serial port, not from the internal sensor.

Martin

Johannes.Kraut

Postby Johannes.Kraut » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Did sound great - but it does not work. Maybe some more input helps:

Logger options are:

16 serial 1 port enabled

BUT 18-30 are not enabled, so no CAN port 1 etc. Is that a problem? I bought the DL1 with the ECU/OBD adapter that is connected to the "serial data in" port.

Further setup:

Analog input: 1-3 in use and enabled (no rpm connection)
Frequency input: None in use and all disabled
Can data input: No can input enabled for port 1 or 2.
RPM input: High and low RPM disabled
Variable mapping: RPM set to "Any serial input"

Any further hints?

Thanks a lot!

Regards, Jo

Johannes.Kraut

Solved!

Postby Johannes.Kraut » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 pm

I dumped the 1000 times edited setup file, took a fresh one, edited it and now it works. Thanks for your support anyway!

Muhsan12

coool

Postby Muhsan12 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 am

ECU can/ODB adaptor" "ECU can adaptor" is what is writen at the two stickers, no details about the flashed software. I received a new software to flash onto the adaptor last december and flashed it to the adaptor. The flashing process does not end with a positive feedback or any message like "Flash completed" but I am 95% sure it worked.
You can join us for best 70-487 nice to meet you

Return to “Installation questions”