Help - i have made my dash 4 pro have blank screens

martinw@epp

Help - i have made my dash 4 pro have blank screens

Postby martinw@epp » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:25 pm

just in the proccess of fiting my video 4 wit a dash 4 pro and x2 analogue sensors for oil temp and pressure. i have connected the rpm and x2 analogue imputs and started the car to see if there was a display for those imputs, nothing! so came home and had a read and realised (i think) i had to configure the thing through the configuration software, added thre gear ratio's etc and the saved as a config file (hex), starte car up this morning and now i have absoutely nothing being displayed on any of the 7 screens.

how can igo back to factory settings? i can see file - resore default variable dat but when i press that nothing happens.

got a sprint on saturday so a bit desperate

Support

Postby Support » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:18 am

The default configuration for the DASH4 PRO is included as part of the standard installation, but it isn't easy to find. If you start up the DASH4 PRO configuration software and load in a new layout, then navigate to...

C:\Program Files (x86)\RaceTechnologyV8.5\LCD Configuration

You should see the FACTORY.DH4 file in there. If you load that up and generate a .hex file from that and put the .hex file on the VIDEO4 memory card then it should get you back to default.

Martin

Return to “Installation questions”