2004 Mazda Rx8 + DASH3 + DL1 + CAN OBD II

nhpctech

2004 Mazda Rx8 + DASH3 + DL1 + CAN OBD II

Postby nhpctech » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 pm

We have a 2004 Mazda RX8, DASH3, DL1 MK2 and a CAN OBD II hooked up to the car. I'm trying to get:
-Oil and Fuel Pressure
-Oil and Water Temperature
-System Voltage
-Exhaust Gas Temperature
and possibly display OBD II Error codes on one of the screens.

I am no good when it comes to cars, but pretty decent with computers and such. I was under the impression that the ecu would have this information and could be pulled through the CAN OBD II adapter. Will i need to run seperate sensors for these or can they be pulled from the ecu?

Thank you in advance! :-)

Support

Postby Support » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:29 pm

There is a list of what you might get from a CAN OBDII interface on the knowledge base here:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... utChannels

Are you sure that the RX8 is a CAN OBDII? I would have put a fair amount of money on it being serial.

Martin

nhpctech

Postby nhpctech » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:43 pm

The owner/driver of the rx8 confirmed it is CAN OBD II. Does CAN OBD II and serial use same looking connector or completely different? We get rpm, mph, water temp but that's all I can get working at the moment through CAN OBD II step. I've tried all the ones in the previous post.

nhpctech

Postby nhpctech » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:09 am

If I connect my laptop directly to CAN adapter and run the monitor program I should be able to see all available stats that can be logged and displayed?

Support

Postby Support » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Yes, if you connect the output of the interface to the lite monitor you will see all of the available variables. The actual list of what is available varies between cars, the list on our knowledge base is just a list of what we can potentially decode. Some cars will give you most of those, some will give you a few. If you are getting something out then it is working and what you can see is what you can get.

Martin

Return to “Installation questions”