DL1 / DASH2 Connecting to Yamaha R6 2008 with YEC ECU.

Jeroen

DL1 / DASH2 Connecting to Yamaha R6 2008 with YEC ECU.

Postby Jeroen » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to mount the DASH2 and DL1 to my Yamaha R6 2008 motorbike. The motor has an YEC ECU and LOOM. At the loom there is a connector for a 2D system.

On the connector, I have 4 pins:

- Water Temp
- Bike Speed
- Throttle Position Sensor
- Engine Revolution (RPM)

Is it correct that I only connect the DL1 to this 4 connections and connect the DASH2 only to the DL1 by serial cable?

And how can I measure (by multimeter) if the RPM must connect to the low or high connector?

Later I want to add the other sensors etc. But first the basics ;)

Manny thanks,

Jeroen.

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Hello Jeroen,

Connecting the sensors to the DL1 is possible. You will only be able to have GPS speed this way displayed on the DASH2. If you want wheel speed sensor speed you will need to connect directly to the DASH.

It is not possible to measure RPM with multi-meter. Try connecting it to high level first if that doesn't work and 2D will not tell you try connecting to the low level.

Regards,

Jeroen

Postby Jeroen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 am

Thanks, for the answer.

Te basics are running fine now. Even the RPM. Now I'm going to attach the wheel speed sensor to the dash itself.

And then calibrating everything ;)

Riderlogic

Postby Riderlogic » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 am

You will need a pulse divider from Race Technology if you are going to connect the dash to the speed sensor. There are too many pulses for the Dash 2 to measure at speed, so this will need to halved.

You will also need to calibrate the ET and TPS out of the 2D connector, ET can be simply calibrated by setting the dash input to display voltage for that channel and then with the factory dash connected, just start up the bike and note the corresponding temperatures as they increase to the voltage displayed. Then combine these into the ET user X Y Table and all should be a go.

In regards to the TPS, the Secondary will not see more than 50% till after 10,000, so make sure you use the main TPS, the easiest way it to just measure the voltage levels in Analysis after a run or track session and see your max and min TPS position and do the same as mentioned above in ET.

RPM will need to be 2 Revs per pulse as well in the Dash 2.

These ECU units us K-line for dash diagnostics. They still run RPM, ET, Speed, and AT manually into the Dash, so there is no benefit to trying to workout the K-Line protocol, also you would need to convert the K-Line to RS232 (Simple) and then purchase and calibrate a ECU interface.
Riderlogic - for all your Motorbike and Race car data logging needs. Track support and installation available. See our website

Jeroen

Postby Jeroen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks for the information.

Got the rpm and ET working.
TPS is working but needs a little calibrating. ;)
The displayed speed is the GPS speed. So i'm not going to calibrate that. Speed is not that important for me.

The dash diagnostics has my next attention.
What do you mean by purchase and calibrate an ecu interface?
I think I will only display a RED LED when there is an error. And then connect the original dash to read the error out.

Return to “Installation questions”