AEM ECU interface, DL1 and DASH2 Display issues

Stratocaster

AEM ECU interface, DL1 and DASH2 Display issues

Postby Stratocaster » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:38 am

OK, I have everything working, but I had to work around something and I wanted to know if I should have needed to.

I can see the Engine Speed channel using the Lite Monitor. So I know that the ECU is streaming it to the DL1. But when I configure the DASH2 to display it, I get nothing on the DASH2. So I can log it, but I can't display it. So it looks like that channel is not being sent to the DASH2 from the DL1.

To work around, I simply tapped the DASH2 Engine Speed wire direct to the RPM out of the ECU. But should I have had to?

Support

Postby Support » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Which firmware version is on the DL1?

There was a change in the latest formware of the DL1, see below to see if this works for you. Also make sure you select the correct RPM source on the DASH2 itself, this is done through the DASH2 menu not the configuration software, see here:
http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... edReadings

"With previous versions of the firmware for the DL1, if you had an ECU interface connected and you had an RPM input connected directly to the DL1 you would have problems with both RPM signals being used. The new version of the firmware works by disabling the input from the serial interface whenever the internal RPM input is turned on. If you wish to use the serial interface RPM values then you need to change the configuration on the DL1.
To do this, open the DL1 configuration software and set the update frequencies for the RPM to 'Disabled' for both the Memory Card and Serial Port columns."

Stratocaster

Postby Stratocaster » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Support wrote:Which firmware version is on the DL1?

There was a change in the latest formware of the DL1, see below to see if this works for you. Also make sure you select the correct RPM source on the DASH2 itself, this is done through the DASH2 menu not the configuration software, see here:
http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... edReadings

"With previous versions of the firmware for the DL1, if you had an ECU interface connected and you had an RPM input connected directly to the DL1 you would have problems with both RPM signals being used. The new version of the firmware works by disabling the input from the serial interface whenever the internal RPM input is turned on. If you wish to use the serial interface RPM values then you need to change the configuration on the DL1.
To do this, open the DL1 configuration software and set the update frequencies for the RPM to 'Disabled' for both the Memory Card and Serial Port columns."

I am running 33 (the lastest available from the web site) on the DL1. This makes perfect sence. I don't understand why I would disable both the memory card and Serial port? I assume that if the ECU cable is sending the RPM data, I would want that enbaled? No? Please clarify.

Sound like I need to address the speed input of the Dash2 to take the DL1 speed signal. I would have figured that out as soon as I moved the car. Thanks for the heads up.

Stratocaster

Postby Stratocaster » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Stratocaster wrote:I don't understand why I would disable both the memory card and Serial port? I assume that if the ECU cable is sending the RPM data, I would want that enbaled? No? Please clarify.

Nevermind, I figured it out. The DL1 settings are for output of the channel. So to disable the channel, you turn both off.

Stan

Postby Stan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:57 pm

BTW…on the AEM box tied into a DL1 via the serial port on the latter. Would you get full readings at 100Hz for the various sensors? Or would you wind up with a slower rate, especially as more sensors were used? Ideally I'd want the full 100 Hz, and with the other DL1 inputs useable for other channels. Thanks.

Return to “Installation questions”