Dash2 - Different speed readout

Michael

Dash2 - Different speed readout

Postby Michael » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:42 pm

When choosing speed to display in one of the display screens of Dash2 the readout of the speed in the specific display (for instance display no. 3) is different to the speed displayed permanently in the upper part of the Dash2. There was GPS-speed chosen in the setup of the Dash2 and no other speed indicating device present. Main speed display shows 100 kmh while the speed in the display no. 3 shows 61 kmh. First I thought of kmh and mph as the relation is about right but the Dash2 is clearly not possible to set up to.

Any explanation?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:54 pm

Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Michael

Postby Michael » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:10 pm

Thanks for the answer, but the software used is 6.3.101.

I could imagine that a VERY large number of the Dash2s sold are not working to specification or even worse not installed to a vehicle. Otherwise those problems would have been reported earlier.

I can't imagine that other dealers/users have tested the Dash2 more intensive than we did. There are a lot of bugs still to be fixed. :( :!: :!: :!:

Michael

Postby Michael » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:00 pm

Problem fixed. It was my fault :( as I hadn't put the formula in to convert the default units into kmh. This is necessary with the different screens but not with the permanent speed display.

Return to “General support questions”