RPM Filtering for Dash II

TD in DC

RPM Filtering for Dash II

Postby TD in DC » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:49 pm

My DASH II tach signal seems to be very noisy.

Please provide some guidance with respect to a systematic way for applying the filtering function to make the tach useable. Specifically, which settings should I try first and how should I judge the specific types of adjustments I should try if the initial setting does not function properly.

I am using the Dash II on a n/a Porsche 944 (4 cylinders, of course).

Thanks.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:50 pm

email sent
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

TopSport

RPM filtering (DL1 + DASH2)

Postby TopSport » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:51 am

Can anybody (support?) specify how the RPM filtering operates on the dash2 configuration tool? In the knowledge base it reads "Maximum rate of change (in RPM per sample)" and configuration tool says "Maximum rate of change (in RPM per 1/10th of a second)" and in my view they aren't the same thing. And because it depends on the sample rate of RPM, I assume that it's the serial ports rate in the DL1 configuration software?

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:18 am

It is rate of change per 1/10th second. It used to be based on change per sample but this was changed as it was variable depending on RPM and logger configuration. I will get the knowledge base updated.

Martin

DavidRowley

Postby DavidRowley » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:40 pm

RTUSA

could you forward the same Email to me then please incase i missed something the errectic REv counter on my dash II has caused me so much unhappyness and money trying to improve a product i hoped would be the best there could have been

Dave

Return to “General support questions”