Exporting Data

KenD

Exporting Data

Postby KenD » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:57 am

Is there a way to export log data to a gpx file?

I have found that you can export to a csv file that can be read by Excel...however no indication of what each column of data represents.

Anyone know what this data means?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:17 am

Looks labeled to me (.csv opened in excel):

I have no idea what a GPX file.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Patrick911

Postby Patrick911 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:25 am

Hey KenD,

a csv file is a comma separated value file. So with a refresh rate of 100 Hz you have 100 lines for one second of logged data. The columns are the different logged channels like time, speed, acceleration (see line 5 of your table) ..... and so on. Data starts in line 6. One line contents the values of the different channels that are logged at the same time, so e.g. within the same 0,01 second (because of 100 Hz). In Excel you can modify the logged data very easily be erasing the columns you don't need/are not interested in. Then you can export it from excel to an .csv file or excel file. Few logging programs are able to import data from excel.

What is a .gpx file? Never heard of it before... logging format of a special program?

Greets Patrick

Turby

Postby Turby » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:01 pm

KenD

Postby KenD » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Thank you very much.

Apparently, I was using a corrupted file that did not have the header information. I tried another run and it worked perfectly.

I'm doing an analysis between data collected by my on-board Garmin GPS, my Data Logger system, and some other speed/track analysis programs using the data collected by my on-board systems.

The ultimate goal is to collect data from various sources and plot multiple vehicles on the same track at the same time and graphically view the race as it progressed.

If anyone has already done this, your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Doyle

Return to “General support questions”