Innovate LC-1 Air/Fuel (lambda) sensor -- Serial connection?

jacko996

Postby jacko996 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:53 am

RTUSA wrote:I have a wideband O2 sensor (the one we sell) in my race car, just feeding an analog input on the DL1. Data is quite acceptable with no special provisions - no shielded cable, no filter caps or anything.

The DL1 does have some high freq filtering on its analog inputs, and the software allows more if needed. I did mount the wideband controller right on top of the DL1 and the leads are only a few inches long.

Our wideband controller comes with filter caps to be added if needed, I have not even bothered.

So I'd expect good results in most situations with a simple analog connection.

Just recieved my PLX SM-AFR kit but as a novice not sure of the connections between the module and my DL1?

Is it just the wideband wire or do I have to connect the +/- and the narrow band wires as well?

Thanks in advance
Dave

andyxxx

Postby andyxxx » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:09 pm

i'm in a similar situation and would also like to know; do i need to wire in both NB and WB, also as i'm only using one sensor what do i need the 3.3v out for?

raceerd

Postby raceerd » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:31 am

andyxxx wrote:i'm in a similar situation and would also like to know; do i need to wire in both NB and WB, also as i'm only using one sensor what do i need the 3.3v out for?

What do you want to record. In general the NB output from the wideband controllers are just used to simulate the factory NB sensor so that you can connect this output to a stock engine control unit and the car stays in it's happy space. While you could log that it does not provide as much detail as the WB output. You could log both if you like but the NB is really just a subset of the WB data.

IMHO

Good luck

Dave

Return to “General support questions”