Dash2 Fuel Level Clip at 0 and 100?

JArmstrong

Dash2 Fuel Level Clip at 0 and 100?

Postby JArmstrong » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am

Hi,

I have an older Dash2 that I just installed in a Honda CRX. I hooked up fuel level to analog 1 on the Dash through a pullup resistor.

I filled the tank from empty in 2L increments and recorded voltage on the Live monitor. I plotted the data and generated a 3rd order function in excel to enter in the Dash2 setup software.

Since the function is a third order, and the fuel level voltage seems to float around, I get a reading of 110% at full. I can't seem to figure out a way to clip the value to 100 in the dash software. It is easy enough to put a max and min on the Analog 17 value (Dash Analog 1) in the Live monitor - why is this feature not available in the dash setup software? Or is it?

Conversely, it would also be nice to clip the fuel level at 0%, as 0% on the fuel curve is where the vehicle experiences fuel starve on the track. So the dash will now read negative values instead of clipping at 0.

Support

Re: Dash2 Fuel Level Clip at 0 and 100?

Postby Support » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Hello,

Please send your DASH2 configuration file & voltage versus fuel level readings to my email: daniel (at) race - technology (dot) com for inspection.

Support (D)

Return to “General support questions”