Speed output?

Adzer

Speed output?

Postby Adzer » Tue May 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Hey, I've got a dash2 pro and I'm using it along side my dta s80 ecu, I don't currently have the car running yet but I'm in the middle of wiring up the ecu/dash

What I'd like to know is does the dash2 pro have the ability to put out a vehicle speed signal?

Reason I ask is I have a diff controller that requires a speed signal to function in certain modes.

Should the dash2 not support this my other option is to put the vehicle speed sensor into the ecu and use an output from the ecu for my speed signal BUT that means my dash 2 has no speed sensor input.

If my dash 2 is linked to my dta s80 with the can bus system will the vehicle speed be transmitted from the ecu to the dash2? Or does the dash 2 need to have a speed sensor wired directly to it for road speed?

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Support

Re: Speed output?

Postby Support » Wed May 18, 2016 8:01 am

Hi there,

The DASH2 PRO is not able to output a speed signal unfortunately.

However from the information we have on the DTA ECU Wheel speed can be taken from the CAN output. Meaning the dash can receive this from the ECU with a slight change of configuration.

Please feel free to contact me on sam@race-technology.com and I can advise on configuration.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

Return to “General support questions”