Battery voltage issue

andypipe

Battery voltage issue

Postby andypipe » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:37 pm

I have a slight problem with my dash 2.

All of a sudden it is not showing battery voltage. it has been set up for some time and the data is transfered from my DL1 MK1 (analouge 8). I have tried switching it to another screen, and that does not work.

it just comes up with the word T

Any ideas

Support

Postby Support » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:59 am

Hi there,

first of all, are there any other sensors connected to the DL1 that you can still see are working correctly on the dash screen?

If so, please send you dash configuration file to sam@race-technology.com, and I will look into this a little further.

If you could also confirm that the DL1 is still recording a correct value on analogue 8 by logging a short file and sending that over with the configuration, that would be most helpful.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

andypipe

Postby andypipe » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Sam, i can report that all other sensors connected to the DL1 (it is the MK1 version) are displaying correctly on the dash.
I can also confirm that the DL1 is recording aux 8 correctly as i started the car up in the garage and created a run file (which i have since deleted).
I am having trouble with my email from home so will mail over the dash config from work at some stage tomorrow

andypipe

Postby andypipe » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Sam, did you get my email

andypipe

Postby andypipe » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:36 pm

can someone look into this for me please

Kamalesha

Re: Battery voltage issue

Postby Kamalesha » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:22 am

The manufacturers tell you that you should use only the same brand batteries together, but they don't provide any good justification for that. Whether alkalines or rechargeable, voltage is voltage, and your device neither knows nor cares who made the batteries. Your device is certainly not going to tattle on you to the manufacturers. Now, if your alkalines had very different capacities then that could promote leaking, but the difference between most alkalines isn't that great, and you shouldn't really be using alkalines for most purposes anyway. For rechargeable batteries, again, just try to match the capacities as close as possible here, not to prevent leaking (since rechargeables almost never leak), but to avoid reducing the cycle life of the lower-capacity battery.

Return to “General support questions”